My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free 8MB broadband ?

I loved the look of the deal but as above, there is some missing details like broadband contention ratios and such. Not gonna be such a good deal if your trundling along at a snails pace because you are sharing with 5000 other people trying to get their e-mail.

i'm with wanadoo ment to have a 2mb conextion are we heckers 1.5 at best
    What dos call yonder to seek the heart of fair maidens in peril but mermaids in pools and harpys on a catheral wall?

Copyright kazzica 2005

All-About starbug
    View starbug's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm still on dial-up

Its much better now you lot are on the boredbrand wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzica
    i'm with wanadoo ment to have a 2mb conextion are we heckers 1.5 at best
    Me Wanadoo at home too. But my speed is quoted at 2.0mb while I'm actually getting 2.2mb

Get this :- tried to get BT business broadband and their website couldn't find my number even though it's a BT line ! Tried using the business name & postcode instead and it said I'm in unit 168 instead of unit 20 !

So I phoned Wanadoo and asked if they do business broadband. They don't, but the very nice lady checked the phone number in their database and "We can give you residential broadband on that line, but you won't be able to claim loss of earnings if there's a fault."

It'll be online next week, with FREE connection (BT wanted £50) and is only £17.99/month for 6gb cap (BT want £29.99 for 2gb).

Guess BT have pi55ed on their chips !

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lois1aney
    Was thinking the same thing about lots of people getting onto talk talk broadband too quickly...
    Its been an awful year with AOL, their modem & my computer are not friends!!

Changed once to supanet (dreadful)

Thought about changing to something else soon, Any ideas on a good service provider would be most welcome
    Sometimes its best to go to the home sites for the ISP you are contemplating changing to.
    And have a look at the forums, you can see first hand the likes dislikes, problems etc., of the members.

Its a rum un if you pick a bad one, 'cause you're stuck for at least 12 months.

This is a link that's well worth a read IMO http://www.ispreview.co.uk/articles/adsl/
    the link within that http://www.bt.com/broadband/ FAQ is a good guide too.

I am with Tiscali myself, I have had no problems, other than I can't get 8Mb BroadbandMax service, even though it is available from my exchange, like I said before a simple case of too many cooks, at the moment.
    Exchange Status Checker http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/

Good luck.

Have a look at the adslguide.org.uk forums at http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/ - comments on the TalkTalk board don't really inspire confidence.

That said though, I'm quite tempted by their phone only contracts (very happy with my current BB provider). There's only a three month tie in if anything does go wrong. Has anyone used the Talk 2 or 3 options?

Hi KpTech,

I have been using TalkTalk option plan 3 (I am sure it was 2 when I signed up!) for nearly a year now and had no problems at all with it

I have just signed up for the broadband package with talktalk as my NTL connection has been a pain in the bottom over the weekend and at £25 a month just for the broadband I felt it was to much to be paying now, plus there is the fact I can never get to speak to anyone at NTL and if you email them they tell you that they cannot answer the question and you have to ring them

I would let you know how it goes but I am not due to be connected until the end of June and I think this thread may be forgotten by then!
    Now selling Air Dry Clay click here.

Thread Information