Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Royal Mail - do you know why?

Quote Originally Posted by razamakaz
    Gosh! That's unbelievable. The Royal Mail are probably quadrupling their profits since ebay but still they put it up!
    It's not just ebay, there are so many auction sites now, some (or all?) of the online payment schemes only cover you if you have a tracking number.
    Every time the post goes up in price they need to print up new pricing leaflets for the entire country, i wonder how much of the increases cover that.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

£2.98 is the correct price for a 1st class recorded parcel - includes 1st class postage at £2.30 and Recorded Delivery fee of 68p.

See http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...diaId=22700560 for details.

The seller charged me £2.98 ON TOP of the 1st class price for recorded delivery Are you telling me that she charged me for the whole lot twice?

I emailed her twice saying it was 68p for recorded delivery, but she told me twice that her post office said recorded delivery is £2.98 for a 1st class item, so I actually paid £5.28 for her to post my item via 1st class recorded!!!!

I wont buy from her again

View thisnthatz's Feedback (+31)
    All-About thisnthatz
    View thisnthatz's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you visit the link above, or goto the Post Office site, you may also find that they are conducting a survey for Eb*y.

Yes, your seller has overcharged, BunjeesPiggiesPoochins - most sellers do add a little to the postage cost to cover packaging, but I think £2.30 is a little excessive. Was postage stated on the listing? Email the seller and ask for a copy of the receipt.

Saleman, I didn't see that link - whereabouts is it?

According to the RM website (http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/j...1&catId=400028):

If you have important documents to send and want to check on delivery, Recorded Signed For™ fits the bill. With proof of posting, signature on arrival and online tracking, your delivery is easy to trace. It's great value too, at just 68p plus First or Second Class postage.

View thisnthatz's Feedback (+31)
    All-About thisnthatz
    View thisnthatz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KpTech
    It's a pop-up. I went here http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...catId=19100177 And the prices are wrong. As I left the question popped up. I only answered 2 questions with the answer 'No'. It's not working now, must have a cookie embedded.

Cheers
    Saleman

Thanks Saleman - that explains it, I've got popups completely blocked. Can't help wondering how close a relationship Ebay and the Post Office maintain.

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BunjeesPiggiesPoochins
    Do you know why to send a 600g item via royal mail, it costs £2.98 for recorded delivery when it used to be 68p?

Do you think if an item now gets lost thats sent via recorded delivery, they now pay out more? Or the same?

Thanks
    Compensation cover

In the unlikely event of loss or damage, your recorded items are automatically covered for up to £32 compensation. Items such as cash or jewellery are not covered under this service

For more valuable items, including jewellery and money or for very urgent mail, why not enjoy the benefits of next day guaranteed delivery and up to £2,500 compensation cover available in our Special Delivery 9.00am or Special Delivery Next Day services.

This is an up to date link, with the Price Changes - April 2006

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...ediaId=9300094

Quote Originally Posted by KpTech
    Yes, your seller has overcharged, BunjeesPiggiesPoochins - most sellers do add a little to the postage cost to cover packaging, but I think £2.30 is a little excessive. Was postage stated on the listing? Email the seller and ask for a copy of the receipt.

Hello

I used buy it now on the auction, in which case the seller said it was free postage, but when I asked if I added 68p for recorded delivery, she told me the post office had told her for a 600g parcel that recorded delivery was £2.98

Thread Information