My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: I feel dirty!

Unhappy I feel dirty!

After two listings i only moved 1 box of my clearance items, so i have had to resort to the dark side instead, but now i feel my auction ethics have been tainted.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Join the club!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Angelicas_Aromatics
    After two listings i only moved 1 box of my clearance items, so i have had to resort to the dark side instead, but now i feel my auction ethics have been tainted.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!
    If you feel you need to sell on t'other side, then do that, but sell yer stuff on this side too, it may broaden yer chances of a sale...try not to stick to one or two items, list as much stuff as you can, it costs nowt to list here so you won't lose nowt by doing so

There is no way i could auction my normal items on the other side. Due to my limited margins on most items, by the time i have paid listing and final amount fees i may as well be giving them away.

I can only see the people making wild claims making any money over there. Saw one person selling soap loaves wholesale claiming that they sell £5.99 a slice, when i struggle to shift 'em at £1.25 due to massive competition and £1.99 is the highest prices i have seen anywhere.

Maybe it's time to change your product line.

NAH!

I was just making the point that "the other side" is not really designed for my type of business. I can quite easily sell a soap slice for £1.25 on my own e-commerce site and make a decent margin from it, but if i listed it on e-bay with minimal trimmings you get;

Sale Price £1.25
    Less listing fee of 15p = £1.10
    Less Gallery pic fee of 15p = 95p
    Less Buy It Now fee of 5p = 90p
    Less Final Value Fee of 7p = 83p
    Less Paypal fee of 28p = 55p

So i end up making 55p on a soap slice that costs more than that to produce or buy in. That is all hoping that the item sells in the first place, if i had to re-list i would just be paying them for the privilage of giving a soap slice away.

At least here i know my margin is protected as they only profit if i do.

Thread Information