My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: eBid v3 Snag List

Today on entering AAL paid entries on two of my auctions on both occasions it came up twice, (i didnt re-do or refresh page) it just came up twice and therefore also I got 4 instead of 2 emails about it..

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just closed all my auctions because I'm going away for a week.. Disaster! they have vanished as if I had deleted them. This didn't happen last time I went away.
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables
    Both sell discontinued china tableware.

Big Snag with forums since V3 - not receiving email notices of replies to threads I am watching

Have reported this to support, direct by email, and in various threads .....

...... still no reply from admins

Unhappy Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by Mysta-Incense
    Big Snag with forums since V3 - not receiving email notices of replies to threads I am watching

Have reported this to support, direct by email, and in various threads .....

...... still no reply from admins

Unhappy Bunny
    ooops didn't see this ....... have just posted a reply on your stopscrattin thread

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

For the third time since the AAL feature was released, I have had a buyer note an item as 'paid' when it is NOT paid.

I am unable to correct the entry and unable to send payment reminders. Please please change this AAL so that buyers can only mark as 'payment sent' and only the seller can mark the item as 'paid'

If you cannot make the above change, please give sellers the ability to overwrite the incorrectly entered details.

One of the reasons I campaigned for more tools for sellers was so that we could manage our sales on line (as is done on other auction sites). Having buyers incorrectly marking an item as 'paid' takes the item off our 'unpaid ' page. for me this means i have to keep a second set of records to record the 'true' position & I am unable to use EBID to send payment reminders

Quote Originally Posted by val4xx
    For the third time since the AAL feature was released, I have had a buyer note an item as 'paid' when it is NOT paid.

I am unable to correct the entry and unable to send payment reminders. Please please change this AAL so that buyers can only mark as 'payment sent' and only the seller can mark the item as 'paid'

If you cannot make the above change, please give sellers the ability to overwrite the incorrectly entered details.

One of the reasons I campaigned for more tools for sellers was so that we could manage our sales on line (as is done on other auction sites). Having buyers incorrectly marking an item as 'paid' takes the item off our 'unpaid ' page. for me this means i have to keep a second set of records to record the 'true' position & I am unable to use EBID to send payment reminders
    I agree with that. I have had a buyer mark my item as PAID, but I have not yet been paid. So I am unable to send a reminder. Buyer should not be able to mark items as paid.
    But then again, some sellers never mark their items as paid even when they have been paid. So that must be annoying for the buyer.
    Maybe the REMINDER button should always stay put, even if the buyer marks it as paid.

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

Some more visible admin presence on this thread would be appreciated. I very nearly abandoned ebid completely when I realised that closed auctions became deleted ones. It was a real disaster and, so far, only Val has sparked at all. It's SERIOUS!
    Last edited by mfkirke; 7th May 2006 at 07:04 PM.
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables
    Both sell discontinued china tableware.

Quote Originally Posted by ladylauraac
    I agree with that. I have had a buyer mark my item as PAID, but I have not yet been paid. So I am unable to send a reminder. Buyer should not be able to mark items as paid.
    But then again, some sellers never mark their items as paid even when they have been paid. So that must be annoying for the buyer.
    Maybe the REMINDER button should always stay put, even if the buyer marks it as paid.
    Hi, When i post a cheque, i mark the item as paid & write in 'cheque sent' this helps me to keep track of my accounts, but i agree the reminder button should remain as there is no guarantee that the cheque will actually get to it's destination, i'd rather have a reminder than a negative feedback if my cheque does go astray, then i could get in touch with the seller & either arrange to wait a bit longer or send a new cheque.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by val4xx

I now have a forth auction marked as 'paid' that isnt . on this occasion I almost didnt notice the auction at all, as by ticking the 'paid' box, the buyer moved the listing from my 'unpaid' auctions list which I use as my list for issuing invoices.

As no one from admin has responded on the snag list recently I will try submitting direct to the ebid support email. however the last email i send re V3 snag list was responded to off with a 'we have passed your suggestions to the development team' reply!

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for all the input on our software, it helps us immensely and forms the basis of most of the changes we make.

We are constantly and I mean constantly working on our software, 50% of the changes we do not mention because they are "under the bonnet" so to speak, cosmetic and public facing changes are the ones you do see and the AAL is one thing that is in it's infancy and we are making changes to as we speak in line with the comments that you have all fed to us.

We do appreciate all input, especially when it is said in a constructive manner.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information