eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freebie Software.

Default Freebie Software.

http://www.bluesquad.fr/mailings/200...bsq_launch.asp

To celebrate the launch of BlueSquad.co.uk, the BlueSquad Software Seekers are giving away 3 pieces of software worth a total value of £40!

PowerDesk 6 Standard
    Speed up your file management tasks
    • Easily drag and drop files with the dual file pane.
    • Use filters to pick out the files you need.
    • Manage your files more efficiently: destroy, modify, and add extra information.
    • Zip your files in one click.

Holiday & Events Designer - Create greeting cards in minutes
    All you need to create home-made greeting cards, gift tags and invitations:
    • Perfect for events all year round
    • Contains 1000s of images and clip art
    • 100s of templates

Smart PC - Make your PC faster, error-free and more efficient!
    Smart PC is a comprehensive software package that will provide all the tools you need to fix, clean and optimize your PC's performance.
    • Fix your PC - Detect and repair all PC problems
    • Clean your PC by removing old and no-longer used files
    • Optimize your PC and drastically reduce start-up times
    • Protects against Identity Theft

View sweetmimi's Feedback (+522)
    All-About sweetmimi
    View sweetmimi's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for all of those they look very good the only problem that I have is the last one keeps saying its the wrong key code? not sure what to do about that. babs

I don't know Babs. They sent me an e-mail with the code in it, and I just had to cut and paste it in. You have to put the name as "Bluesquad" not your name, then the number which was "74E2-0179-00CC-6643" in my case. I don't know whether they give the same key code to everyone. This worked for me anyway and it registered.
    Surprising just how much junk it found.

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

I got the same code 74E2-0179-00CC-6643

Even though In the help file is says

PROTECTION AGAINST COPYING - ACTIVATION KEY - VERIFICATION MEASURES
    The PROGRAM may include a technological measure to protect it against copying in order to prevent any unauthorised reproduction. In accordance with the law, the USER must not circumvent or attempt to circumvent any protective measure against unauthorised copying.
    Activating or running the PROGRAM beyond a certain period of time may require the entry of an activation key previously supplied to the USER. The USER recognises that the activation key is the PUBLISHER's exclusive property, that it is strictly confidential information and that, consequently, it must not be disclosed to third parties. The USER undertakes to implement all means available and to act in good faith in order to protect the confidentiality of the activation key.
    As part of the measures for verifying the use of the activation keys, when an Internet connection is open the PROGRAM may test the validity of the key used for the PROGRAM on the site of the USER's computer. During this test, statistical information only is sent to the PUBLISHER: no nominative information and/or any information that is not directly related to the SOFTWARE activation key is sent to the PUBLISHER or to third parties.
    Is it only a 30day free trial ? as everyone seems to be receiving the same activation key.

Edit,,,,,,, it is, lol I thought it was freeware. I checked freeware sites and it is not listed all their sites state. Limitations:30-day trial
    Last edited by thehoneyant; 16th May 2006 at 11:04 AM.

They have a newer version of the Smart PC. You get a nag screen the first time you use it about their newer product, but switch it off and it doesn't return. They appear to be free older versions. I have not had any "you have 29 days left of your trial" type nag screens. It works well, and isn't like those things that scan your PC, tell you what is wrong, then tell you to buy their product. I was asked by a Freeware Website to try them out so I assume free is free. They don't promote shareware.
    The Office one isn't my sort of thing,though I did try it out, and I haven't tried the Greeting Card designer yet. I will if I get time tomorrow, or if I can't sleep tonight.

All-About sweetmimi
    Forum Posts

Oh ta muchly when I put in the name you said and not my own name it worked How thick am I then LOL next question do you do a full scan? and what happens then

All-About sweetmimi
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmist
    I don't know Babs. They sent me an e-mail with the code in it, and I just had to cut and paste it in. You have to put the name as "Bluesquad" not your name, then the number which was "74E2-0179-00CC-6643" in my case. I don't know whether they give the same key code to everyone. This worked for me anyway and it registered.
    Surprising just how much junk it found.
    I got the same code number so think everyone is getting the same thing not too sure now what to do with it now I have got it though

Babs, click on Start > All Programmes > Smart PC > Smart PC Help. It explains it all in there. I changed some settings in Options as I like to keep autofilling of on-line forms.

The smart pc is not bad, i had trouble with the greeting cards one tho, my computer crashed running it, stoopid computer!!

I have tried a few bits on the greetings card one, but I'm not very good at it yet. I wanted to print out my seed envelopes but I can't get it to load my template. I've been looking for another design programme since the old free one I used isn't supported any more. They keep hounding me for $40 for the pro version, but I don't need to turn docs into pdf files or turn out professional this and that leaflets, booklets etc. The old free one did all I needed. Basic word processing, photo management, Tab, etc.

Thread Information