eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you received a parcel like this, what would you do?

Default If you received a parcel like this, what would you do?

I brought some make up, and as soon as I opened the envelope and got through to the bubblewrap, it smelt awful. Then I ripped open the bubblewrap and the items smell disgusting too, of revolting ciggarette smoke. It makes me feel sick the smell of that Just as well I dont smoke!

Is there anyway to completely get rid of the smoke? I was thinking of spraying perfume onto the make up cases but this would just hide the smell and when the perfume goes, the cig smoke would still be there.

I thought maybe I should tell the seller but they might think Im rude?

What would you do?

I've found the best thing for removing nasty smells, like smoke and tobacco, is spraying with febreze. If they are sealed you could spray them and put them outside in the air to dry?
    I wonder how the smell of smoke got all over make-up?

Thanks Pauline I will try that.

Maybe the seller is just a very heavy smoker, or maybe they were stored in a smokers room or something

Out of the 5 years Ive been buying from auctions, this is the FIRST parcel I have ever received that has made me feel sick from the smoke smells

I know what you mean. Usually it's soft fabrics (clothes) that absorb tobacco smells. For it to be so strong on cosmetics is unusual, unless she spilt an ashtray over the parcel while packing? Or as you say, could be she's a HEAVY smoker! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by BunjeesPiggiesPoochins
    I brought some make up, and as soon as I opened the envelope and got through to the bubblewrap, it smelt awful. Then I ripped open the bubblewrap and the items smell disgusting too, of revolting ciggarette smoke. It makes me feel sick the smell of that Just as well I dont smoke!

Is there anyway to completely get rid of the smoke? I was thinking of spraying perfume onto the make up cases but this would just hide the smell and when the perfume goes, the cig smoke would still be there.

I thought maybe I should tell the seller but they might think Im rude?

What would you do?
    HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE TIME LORRAINE
    I used to go MENTAL now i only take issue IF the seller has claimed its from a non smoking home. Otherwise i tend to chuck the outer packaging or throw the whole thing.

50% of my beads and findings come STENCHING OF FAGS TOO .... GRRRRRRRRRRR!
    I have found a way to combat it though ... i have peices of chanel ribbon which i spray with pure parfum and put them in the box ( but not touching ) the beads etc ... within a day or two they smell of the perfume instead of the ransid fags.

MORAL IS :

GUYS AND GALS - IF YOU SMOKE AND YOU KEEP YOUR STOCK IN THE SAME ROOM AS YOUR DOING YOUR SMOKING IN , THEY WILL STENCH ... OF COURSE YOU CANT SMELL IT , BUT NON SMOKERS CAN ( FROM MILES OFF ).
    Last edited by fairywishes; 19th May 2006 at 09:09 PM.

I just wont buy from the seller again, which is a pity. If only people didnt smoke, then there wouldnt be this problem Im so glad my bf dont smoke, else I would never want to go near him lol.

Unfortunately I cant throw the outer packaging away from the make up as its liquid foundation and it would not be in anything, unless I transfer it to another bottle.

Im not sure what feedback to leave the seller now lol, I mean everything was perfect except for the smell. Maybe I should leave a fb saying "would be perfect completely, if seller didnt smoke" LOL

Too bad it was a seller on ebid aswell, as I wont be buying from them again and that is another win ebay gets now as it was only that seller who sold these items on here

As i say lorraine ... its just one of them things hun.
    I get it about 70% of the time , infact when i find a seller who's stock does NOT smell of fags i book mark them ( they are so rare ) lmao.

Even my catalogue delivery man brings me stuff HONKING of fags now, which makes me RAGE ... I mean FFS, Brand new gear from the catalogue , so you usualy pay over the odds and then it stinks of fags.

I have to tare through the packaging take the item out, chuck the box and plastic bags into a black bin liner and run them to the bottom of the garden. I KID YOU NOT.

HOW DARE HE.
    Imagin going into a shop to buy summat and it wrencks of fags. i bet even smokers would have summat to say about that.
    IF they could smell it ?

MAYBE the only cure lorraine, is to only buy from sellers who state their goods are from a non smoking home. OR ask them before buying if they smoke. lol

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BunjeesPiggiesPoochins

Im not sure what feedback to leave the seller now lol, I mean everything was perfect except for the smell. Maybe I should leave a fb saying "would be perfect completely, if seller didnt smoke" LOL
    Hi BunjeesPiggiesPoochins,

I think that it is good to let the feedback show the product is great but the smoke smell is strong, however the listing did not say it was from a smoke free home.

You might try putting it is a bag or box with some baking soda to let the soda absorb the smell if the febreze don't work.

Hope something works.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

ps : who was the seller ? lol

So i can AVOID them.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> deff off now. lol

Talking

I received a baby play ring from an ebay seller who claimed it was a smoke free house so i complained she gave me two emails in 5 minutes saying different things, grrrr, obviously the fags had got to her brain,

Thread Information