eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home page-doesn't want to open!!

Cool Home page-doesn't want to open!!

Hi

Anyone else got the problem with opening the home page on ebid?? It's been several days that it doesn't want to open or show the home page. Everything else is working fine.
    Any ideas ??

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

I use IE and have no problem, is your machine accepting cookies for
    http://www.ebid.net/

http://uk.ebid.net/
    That are the Home page headers ? Other than that, not sure.

I think it depends on your pc specs, if you have a good pc, broadband etc you should have no problem, if you have an old banger of a pc (like mine) it works fine through Firefox.
    Hopefully will be getting my new lovely pc tomorrow, so i'll find out soon enough. I do agree with whoever said it before, (was it you Lin?) that it is a poor show not to be able to open it without downloading Firefox first, this fault should be corrected so that everybody can open the homepage, regardless of what type of specs they have, the old version was fine, it's only this new v3 that's causing the problem.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Hi Honeyant, yes I have cookies and firewall all set to accept ebid, when i run IE I have to wait and wait for the page to load with firefox its immediate, I am not pushing firefox as I dont like it and seeing as 90% of the world use microsoft ebid should be whatsitted ( can't think of the word ) to run best with it too.. When I am on IE the page when it has loaded is juddering about all over the place, bit of a mess for first time visitors, don't you think.
    I will shut up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anichka54
    I think it depends on your pc specs, if you have a good pc, broadband etc you should have no problem, if you have an old banger of a pc (like mine) it works fine through Firefox.
    Hopefully will be getting my new lovely pc tomorrow, so i'll find out soon enough. I do agree with whoever said it before, (was it you Lin?) that it is a poor show not to be able to open it without downloading Firefox first, this fault should be corrected so that everybody can open the homepage, regardless of what type of specs they have, the old version was fine, it's only this new v3 that's causing the problem.
    Yes it was me
    I agree with what you say as well it should be fixed... Good luck with your new PC arriving, I am keeping my old banger, who may i add is now very upset with what you said she is and she is now crying I have been trying to keep it a secret from her.

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows
    Yes it was me
    I agree with what you say as well it should be fixed... Good luck with your new PC arriving, I am keeping my old banger, who may i add is now very upset with what you said she is and she is now crying I have been trying to keep it a secret from her.
    lol, oooh sorry to your pc, tell her she's beautiful & well loved & old is good, it's ebid's problem not hers. I'm sure that will make her feel better.
    Thanks, looking forward to the new pc, it's not brand new, just new to me & much better than this one, only 64 Ram but i can upgrade that, all other specs are better than this one & it comes with lots of extras.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

i just fell asleep waiting for the home page to load

Quote Originally Posted by sexywolfy
    i just fell asleep waiting for the home page to load
    Should we put in a request for an alarm call

I do have top of the range PC, broadband etc...
    This is just happen for the last few days.
    Oh well, maybe I should made cuppa before the page load...anyone?

Thread Information