eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice & tips for new sellers

Quote Originally Posted by DesignerClothes View Post
    Hi,
    A very interesting article. I agree with the advice given by Val and Kenpem...this is exactly what sellers should be doing. I am about to move an amount of business from ebay to ebid. I am a Gold Powerseller on eBay, with 1500 trades @ 99.9%. I wanted to say how impressed I am with this site. I hope when it is more successful, ebid dont fall down the trap that ebay did....
    John.
    Watch out for my auction and ebid store coming soon (i am very excited!!)

I sell top end (genuine!) designer suits and mens formal wear, together with mens casual wear.
    If you go to cp user at the top left you can add a link to your auctions at the bottom of your posts.
    Welcome to Ebid

Quote Originally Posted by satsumamoon View Post
    Thanks for the info. CAn I not put any links in my auctions then? what about a link to another listing on ebid for related items?
    As a new member, can I sell, or do I need to buy to get some Fb first?
    Unfortunately my ebay ID has asterisks in it; pink*fairy*queen, which is not allowed here, and pinkfairy queen has been taken- otherwise a good sugestion.
    I would like you to show the differences between making shop listings on ebay and listing on ebay please, if you'd be so kind :-)
    You can puts links to your other ebid auctions, your ebid store and your feedback in your listings
    http://i1.tinypic.com/n6540n.gif

Please visit my eBid shop:
    SmallThings

TIP list as few items as poss on ebay, create an insert to your new shop on ebid and paste it on all your listings saying that it will be cheaper to buy from this link..... not breaking any rules

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by TOTTYZKLOZZIT View Post
    TIP list as few items as poss on ebay, create an insert to your new shop on ebid and paste it on all your listings saying that it will be cheaper to buy from this link..... not breaking any rules
    Hi ~ I am new to eBid after selling on ebay for about a year, & like your idea, but am unsure about what you mean when you say create an insert to your new shop etc. Please could you explain exactly how to do this or is there somewhere that shows you step by step? I am not very computer literate, & any help would be appreciated.
    Many Thanks
    CrystalMoon

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMoon View Post
    Hi ~ I am new to eBid after selling on ebay for about a year, & like your idea, but am unsure about what you mean when you say create an insert to your new shop etc. Please could you explain exactly how to do this or is there somewhere that shows you step by step? I am not very computer literate, & any help would be appreciated.
    Many Thanks
    CrystalMoon
    Hi crystal moon, welcome to ebid

If you have an about me page on ebay there is a bit where you can add the url adress of you favourite links.

Cut and paste the link of your store on ebid and enter it into the ebay about me page. then view the page..... call the site Better bargains here or your shop name.

The cut and paste from the about me page the link which will be in text.

Next use any html editor to paste the link on to and write something like click here. + your text link

Then get the html code from the editor and go into an ebay listing and revise it.

When you go to your item description you will see a left hand box on the descrition editor called inserts/ click this and then click create insert, then press Ctrl then V to paste the code into the create insert html box. name your link 'link'

when you go to the description editor on ebay listings your insert will be there ready to add to all auctions.

This IS against ebay rules however, but i am told that the ebay 'Bots' can not find links on ads if they are in text format.

The other way you could do it is just write in every add you have, 'ask me a question' to find out how you can buy my items for less and I will send you the link!

This breaks no ebay poicies. You can paste your new shop url into any email and that way ebayers will be directed to your new shop.

I have done both and havent had any probs, but then ebay traffic is so slow that I cant tell what the response will be from buyers, but hey you have nothing to loose if you are going to close your shop.

Hope this helps ;-)

Hi TOTTYZKLOZZIT
    Many Thanks for your reply & help ~ I will try this & see what happens !
    Kind regards
    Crystal Moon

Thread Information