Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: did you leave ebay to join ebid

thanks for pointing that out will go and alter it
    more haste less speed I was just soooo excited about putting my first listing on here lol

Quote Originally Posted by mimms0 View Post
    Wow thats a lot of money

Ebay do charge a lot but hey they got the monopoly.

I am worried about the influx of sellers over here, don't get me wrong we do need sellers so ebid can offer a wide range of goods

JUST HOPE WE GET THE BUYERS,
    Here's one.... And over the last couple of days I have seen the results of searches improving. I stopped buying on EBay before I went on holiday as I didnt want probs if cheques went missing or people unable to deliver to me, but I'll be starting again in a couple of weeks (on here).

yes, you cant make a profit on ebay cause you have to sell above rrp in order to cover ebay's fees and commissions

Hi there,

I have 2 auctions left on FeeBay, and one is a swipe at their recent fee increases!!!

I love it here, everyone is so helpful and the more I use it the more I'm getting accustomed to it all...

Best of luck!

The Soap Dragon xxx

I think for the majority of the sellers, those who sell above £5 with a bit of margin, instead of making them jump ship, what it has done is make them look for alternatives... I pity the guys who were dependent on Ebay to make their living, and have now had to cancel their dream.

Everyone should have a backup plan, I just think that some people have now learnt the hard way. It will definently be the smaller sellers most affected, the bigger sellers must be chuckling all the way to the bank - "oh dear, increased fees but less competition, pass me by big fat ceegar"
    Well, I'm still here. SO why not visit my EBid Shop? http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Totally-Underwear (600+ Items coming soon!!!!!!!!!)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Petesmovies4auction View Post
    Buyers come to ebid, cant find what they want because there is too few sellers and so go to feebay. After a few times they give up with ebid and go straight to feebay. Its what i do because i can never find what i am after!
    Boycott ebay! If theres anything you want to buy on ebay, email them and tell them that if they the item on ebid- you'll buy it!
    Then send them a sign up to ebid link (from your buddy point section of your ebid hq to get some buddy points.)
    Please add to this post to keep it bumped up !
    Selling is only half the answer!
    Its up to us to make ebid a success- EVERY SELLER needs to bid on things- at least a few items a week - and keep it up for a couple of months. Bidding is better than buying because it shows bidding activity. If you cant find anything to buy (thats getting more difficult now) look for xmas pressie stock, or get ebayers to list the goods you do want here (as above)

Smile Ebay Boycott

I agree.... I have regular sellers which I use for p&p supplies, paper, printcartrideges, ..... If I cant find it on ebid, I am emailing them and asking them to make the sale through ebid..... mentioning they will pay less fees, and that the deal will be more profitable for them! will get them thinking.... if all ebay defectees do the same even the ebay loyalists may consider having shop here too... as ebid increases in sellers, there will be more buyers, as sales grow and the profit margin increases.... the shops will soon all be coming over here....the tide will turn.... SHAZ X
    Quote Originally Posted by satsumamoon View Post
    Boycott ebay! If theres anything you want to buy on ebay, email them and tell them that if they the item on ebid- you'll buy it!
    Then send them a sign up to ebid link (from your buddy point section of your ebid hq to get some buddy points.)
    Please add to this post to keep it bumped up !
    Selling is only half the answer!
    Its up to us to make ebid a success- EVERY SELLER needs to bid on things- at least a few items a week - and keep it up for a couple of months. Bidding is better than buying because it shows bidding activity. If you cant find anything to buy (thats getting more difficult now) look for xmas pressie stock, or get ebayers to list the goods you do want here (as above)

Talking new to ebid

hi to you all, new to ebid old from ebay, i am sooooooo fed up of ebay and their scabby ways, they choose their main sellers and look after them as for the rest of us they don't bother. I still sell on ebay therefore i can contact buyers on there and tell them about my shop on ebid. I hate ebay with a passion but ebay is where the money is at the moment as on ebid their are far to many sellers and just not enough buyers. Ebid should really consider advertising. i would just love to see ebay's reactions. They are robbers, and you know what? people pay it, as their is nowhere else to go, thats why ebid needs to advertise as their is a lot of people around who are also fed up with ebay. I don't understand why ebid don't advertise, i know its a lot of money but if they don't spend that little bit then they will never make it. I am trying to tell everyone that i know and as i sell now on ebay i will send my buyers my ebid shop link information. Fingers crossed and hope ebid do advertise eventually, and with our help then hopefully we will get somewhere and then we can really say goodbye to ebay. Anyway tired so excuse me if i didn't make sense. Good night and viva ebid.

Quote Originally Posted by huwbaynham View Post
    hi to you all, new to ebid old from ebay, i am sooooooo fed up of ebay and their scabby ways, they choose their main sellers and look after them as for the rest of us they don't bother. I still sell on ebay therefore i can contact buyers on there and tell them about my shop on ebid. I hate ebay with a passion but ebay is where the money is at the moment as on ebid their are far to many sellers and just not enough buyers. Ebid should really consider advertising. i would just love to see ebay's reactions. They are robbers, and you know what? people pay it, as their is nowhere else to go, thats why ebid needs to advertise as their is a lot of people around who are also fed up with ebay. I don't understand why ebid don't advertise, i know its a lot of money but if they don't spend that little bit then they will never make it. I am trying to tell everyone that i know and as i sell now on ebay i will send my buyers my ebid shop link information. Fingers crossed and hope ebid do advertise eventually, and with our help then hopefully we will get somewhere and then we can really say goodbye to ebay. Anyway tired so excuse me if i didn't make sense. Good night and viva ebid.
    Welcome

As i keep saying, there are not many buyers here because there are not enough sellers selling a variety of items. People tend to shop at the same place, i often come to ebid first, cant find what im looking for and end up on feebay. Gradually as more stuff is listed people will find what they want here over and over and become regular buyers... but yes advertising would DEFINITELY help Good luck with your store and dont forget to post a link in your signature, its good for the lazy people

oh forgot to mention the link to my EBID shop is
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...O-DATE-FASHION
    feel free to look and buy of me! lol. not much on there at the moment. But soon i will be bringing in all ladies fashion clothes.

Thread Information