eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Crafts magazines

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Crafts magazines

Can we have in the Books and Magazine section a cat for Craft magazines, or even crafts and hobbies.

I have had to list my sewing magazines under 'general' and I don't think crafters will find them easily.

I have LOTS more to list so would be grateful for a proper place to put them.

View Hip Chick's Feedback (+407)
    All-About Hip Chick
    View Hip Chick's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ditto to that one!

I have some new unopened Card Making and Pape Craft mags..

I think wht whole of the craft section should be re-valued. but I would say that as I am trying to add around 800 auctions and can not find the correct areas they should be under.

Ditto as well , sitting here with a pile of card making and crafting mags to list

All-About stitchysyl
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hip Chick View Post
    Ditto to that one!

I have some new unopened Card Making and Pape Craft mags..

I think wht whole of the craft section should be re-valued. but I would say that as I am trying to add around 800 auctions and can not find the correct areas they should be under.
    I agree that the whole section needs to be reviewed. e.g. why would we need 'paper, card and envelopes' with 234 auctions...and Scrapbooking and Cardmaking' with 1526 auctions. Surely it makes more sense to have them together and then sub-cat them. I am sure whoever did the cats before had good reason..but I am finding it hard to put my stuff in the approp. places. So many bits overlap.

The knitting patterns section is a nightmare as well. Could we have them sub-cat into mens, womens, childrens, and unisex. Would make life so much easier.

View Hip Chick's Feedback (+407)
    All-About Hip Chick
    View Hip Chick's Listings
    Forum Posts

Crafts have such a BROAD range now days. It's a massive trend.

Years ago knitting was the packaged that your nan gave and you dreaded opening on Christmas morning, as you knew the jumper with the snowflakes would be inside! Worse still you had to wear it while eating your Christmas dinner... groan

Not now, ok nan's still knits, but now crafters make knitted embellishments for cards, dolls clothes has never been more popular. Knitted hats, gloves and long striped socks are now trendy.

I even know a lady that makes her living knitting mobile phone covers and they sell like hot cakes!

Take card making... its not just about folding a bit of A4 card, adding two pom poms and a few pipe cleaners to make a easter card.. Oh and the glue is still tacky two weeks later and can be seen!!

Things have moved on!

When I started making crafts about 4 years ago, my mother in law said it was pointless and a waste of time.

My card making and technics have got much better over the years, but still she refused to accept or appreciate the work that went into the cards.

About 4 months ago she said to me "All the ladies I visit all have handmade cards sent to them, they are really nice"! WOW!!

6 weeks ago a new baby was born into the family. She came around here and asked if I could make a baby card!!

I made one and gave it to her. she said "oh thats really lovely, thanks"

I really spat my coffee out, because if you knew my mother in law, thats the closest thing to a compliment and a praise that you are going to get.

The funny thing was, when she gave the card to her niece, she replied "Oh thanks lovely Auntie Carol, it must have taken you ages to make"

She had to admit that I made it.. gave her food for thought, that maybe I am not wasting my time!!

I also agree that the whole craft section needs to be reviewed. I would really like to see a separate sub category for knitting, that can then be divided further as the category grows.

I can see that the whole craft section will get larger and larger as many of the items are light and bulky, but inexpensive, making them far too expensive to sell on eBay, especially with the increase in postage.

Please have a look at my shop:

http://uk.three.ebid.net/stores/WOOLSHOPDIRECT

I have listed about a third of my stock so far and am now adding a PPPay.com to all my listings following the PayPal fiasco at the weekend.

Best wishes everyone,
    Karen

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stitchysyl View Post
    Can we have in the Books and Magazine section a cat for Craft magazines, or even crafts and hobbies.

I have had to list my sewing magazines under 'general' and I don't think crafters will find them easily.

I have LOTS more to list so would be grateful for a proper place to put them.
    Added Crafts to Books & Mags > Mags >

Also added more subs to Knitting category.. We are more than willing to add any subcategories when needed, if users leave exact configurations of what is needed we can get these done almost immediately.

Gazza
    Last edited by gazza; 8th August 2006 at 10:27 PM.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

All-About stitchysyl
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Added Crafts to Books & Mags > Mags >

Also added more subs to Knitting category.. We are more than willing to add any subcategories when needed, if users leave exact configurations of what is needed we can get these done almost immediately.

Gazza
    Thanks Gazza, thats great.

All-About stitchysyl
    Forum Posts

Gazza...would it be possible to break down the cats for knitting patterns into three - Mens: Womens: and Unisex instead of just sweaters and clothes.

I will wait to see if you can before I start changing my listings or putting the rest up.

Thanks.

Thread Information