Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Help Please Do these auctions break eBids TOS?

Default Help Please Do these auctions break eBids TOS?

Hi all,

I've just listed some auction templates in my shop.

I've been holding back on doing so as I was uncertain if they broke eBid's TOS or not, as I usually deliver them via email.

I emailed support but was told they couldn't say til I'd listed them.

I have said in every listing I will send them on a cd via post if required.

At the moment I have put the postage in the listings but will remove it if a buyer wants it delivered electronically.

Do you think I should list them the other way round showing
    free postage instead & only add postage if necessary?

http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?type1=a&type2=a&cat=52013&mo=user-store&title=Gothicina-Labels-and-Design

If someone wants to report them go ahead
    I couldn't actually bring myself to do that, but I guess it's the only way I'll find out for certain.

Cheers
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

If you are talking about the auction template. I don't see any problem as you are offering to send it by post as well so it would really be up to the buyer.

I am not being funny but did you get the go ahead from Ebid to use their logo on labels.
    I got permission from them to sell my flyers t-shirt transfers and labels from them. I had to show them the templates first.
    PLJ

Store open again
    For Portraits in Pastels, Watercolour and Graphite Pencil.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Sweet-Smel...cess-Art-Store
    For beautiful hand made Greeting Cards
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Card-Shop
    For Collectors Dolls
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Doll-Shop
    Quality Secondhand Books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Book-Shop
    Fine Jewellery and Costume Jewellery
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Jewellery-Shop

I am not being funny but did you get the go ahead from Ebid to use their logo on labels.
    I got permission from them to sell my flyers t-shirt transfers and labels from them. I had to show them the templates first.
    I didn't realise I had to when I listed them, I use them myself to promote eBid when I send parcels, which is the only reason I did them in the first place. Happy to pull them if you think they're a problem, I'll kill the free eBid sheet offer for Sept as well.

I won't bother support about the labels til after 20th as I think that's when Gazza's going to be back in the UK, according to Ken's post.

I asked on the forum about the flyers I have for free download, Mark went on that thread & didn't say no. They're only meant to be a temporary measure, when eBid get some official ones I'll pull them as well.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff

Killed all eBid label auctions & free sheet of eBid promo label for Sept Offer til I can check with support.
    Gothicina.

My Stores

My Alter egos

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff

I don't believe that your templates are breaking ebid's TOS because you do offer to send them on a CD. It is therefore up to the buyer whether to have the CD as well as the instant download or simply just the download.

As regards the ebid logo, it is a trade mark and therefore the owner's permission should be obtained before using it on items for resale purposes. Using the logo to simply promote ebid yourself is not a problem.
    http://i1.tinypic.com/n6540n.gif

Please visit my eBid shop:
    SmallThings

As regards the ebid logo, it is a trade mark and therefore the owner's permission should be obtained before using it on items for resale purposes.
    As I used the images available from clixgalore for the promotion of eBid, I guess I just assumed that they had been put there by eBid to help promote eBid.

I know, you shouldn't assume!! Won't make that mistake again.
    Gothicina.

My Stores

My Alter egos

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff

View hawkman's Feedback (+2)
    All-About hawkman
    View hawkman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello

Many of my items are shipped directly from my warehouse,
    some ship directly from my venders warehouse so in some ways I do drop shipping I guess.

I work hard to make sure that anything i list i have or IS in stock.
    and that my all about and other pages conform to there rules about things you can say and links you can have. basicaly everything links to somewere in ebid or its a single dead end link to info spacific to the request.

When I first started i got banned a couple of time, not really sure for what. They werent very spacific basical told me to read the rules. I just went over every thing made a few changes, all they seamed to really want was a promiss not to do IT again or to fix IT and i was back up and running. (never really knew what IT was)

This is a great site, i'v been busy and only just got back into it lately.

Thread Information