Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Fed Up With This!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by paranoimia View Post
    With all due respect, I don't know why you're getting your knickers in such a twist over these replicas being sold here.

Google Rolex and you'll see a stack of perfectly legitimate websites selling replicas, both of Rolex and other extortionately priced brands.

As for Rolex watches not being sold on the internet - that's BS. Rolex themselves may not sell over the net, but others do. The same Google search will reveal a number of third-party sites - many legitimate jewellers - selling genuine Rolex watches.

I'm sure that many have reported them to Trading Standards before, and they are still here. Surely that must tell you that either Trading Standards don't care, or there's nothing wrong with it.

I'm sure eBid will continue to allow the sale of these items for as long as these other sites are legitimately trading.

Yes The word genuine springs to mind. There is a difference.
    Ligitimate jewellers selling genuine watches.

I have not seen any of the discriptions there you have mentioned being fake or replica.
    PLJ

Store open again
    For Portraits in Pastels, Watercolour and Graphite Pencil.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Sweet-Smel...cess-Art-Store
    For beautiful hand made Greeting Cards
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Card-Shop
    For Collectors Dolls
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Doll-Shop
    Quality Secondhand Books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Book-Shop
    Fine Jewellery and Costume Jewellery
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Jewellery-Shop

Again, with all due respect, the price tells you all you need to know about these watches. Do you really need to see the word "replica" in the listing to tell you that it's not the genuine article?

My point is, it's not worth sending your blood pressure through the roof fretting over these. Those who buy them aren't getting ripped off - they know what they're getting, as shown by the sellers' feedback. And anyone stupid enough to think that they're getting a genuine Rolex for £40 deserves all they get, in my personal opinion.

You've complained to eBid, Trading Standards and - presumably - Rolex. Let them do whatever they're going to do, and get on with selling your own stuff. If they do something about it, all well and good; if not, then they obviously don't care - so why should you?

These watches are but a small area of eBid's market, while there are numerous sites on the net selling nothing but fake watches, and they've been doing so for years. See Google for numerous examples.

It may be illegal, but don't you think the "powers that be" (and by that I mean TS and Rolex themselves, not eBid staff) would have taken steps to prevent it long ago, if they gave a damn?

In the grand scheme of things, these watches are a very minor problem.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

the problem is that they are all over the front page, para. They make the site look tacky.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Did anyone see the Urine auction? If you think that replicas are bad, there is a seller (new I might add) offering Urine to submit for testing!!

This is sooo Illegal it's almost laughable...

The Soap Dragon xxx

And I have to say that I AM IMPRESSED GAZZA AND MARK!!! Wat to go- seller has a strikethrough. I only reported them 15 minutes ago...

That is why I sell on this site and not FleaBay.

HURRAH FOR EBID!!!

The Soap Dragon xxx

all replicas are not tatty looking, you get grades i believe of a aa and aaa - the latter being really good

now designs and patterns are a different matter - louis vitton is puke material lol as is burberry

i dont see the problem myself unless every single front page auction is for a replica and even in that case it wouldnt be tatty but simply boring

the whole world sells fake goods - if it doesnt do any harm whats the berluddy problem????

and one reason the companies dont do anything about it is because of the exposure
    see 50 replicas of a lovely bag, you are more likely to go hunt down the real deal (if you can afford it of course)

oh and yes certainly not worth getting yourself het up about OP!
    i can think of a hundred things more worthy to get so worried about

jmo

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry to butt in

LINK WORKING FOR YDC

follow the link
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Emma, you may not think it looks tacky but I have had customers say that it does.

The companies do try to do something about the replicas but the market is flooded. The fact that ebid admin will not act on reports is the sort of reason why the market is flooded (and the real bags look just as tacky as the fakes, imho!)
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Something to think of. Google got Sued successfully by LVMH in 2003 for linking Internet users to sites selling counterfeit versions of Louis Vuitton-branded items. Eb*y ARE getting sued by LVMH for allowing fakes to be sold and not being proactive enough removing them and their sellers.

Quote from TheRegister.co.uk "According to The Financial Times, ubiquitously-faked pricey bag maker Louis Vuitton is demanding €20m from eB*y. Christian Dior Couture, part of the same French luxury goods group - LVMH - reckons eB*y owes it €17m."

Thread Information