eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Just had a great surprise.....

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Just had a great surprise.....

I have a grand daughter Lyndsey, who I lost touch with when she was just a toddler. My son ( her dad) left her mum, married another woman and moved to Scotland. Lyndseys mum then moved away and got married, and we lost contact.

Today I got a message through Genes Reunited. Her mum has been trying to trace her family and saw my sons name on the list...with me as a family contact. So she emailed me.

I am so emotional just now. I thought I would never see her again...and we were so close when she was little.

The rest of the family are going to be so made up when I tell them....

Awwwwwwwwwwwww that is fantastic news How old is Lyndsey now?
    MY EBID SHOP
    Is full of good stuff !

View earthangel's Feedback (+29)
    All-About earthangel
    View earthangel's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm delighted for you. It must be a truly wonderful feeling.
    Please visit my eBid stores
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Elandale
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Chapter-One-Collectables

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy" - Henry Kissinger

Thumbs up It's a wonderful feeling

Today I got a message through Genes Reunited. Her mum has been trying to trace her family and saw my sons name on the list...with me as a family contact. So she emailed me.
    I'm so pleased for you

Genesreunited is great, after searching since 1979 we managed to track down our 2 elder half-sisters earlier this year. We've now all met. The GRO indexes were an big help as well, tho the final contact was actually made through Friends Reunited.

Luckily one of their half-brothers had added their/his mum to GR, under her maiden name. I'd know it for years but there were 10 or 12 possibles in the GRO birth indexes, then something my aunt said in passing made everything click into place.

We couldn't get an answer through GR but it did give me the brothers name, I checked under his surname on GR & there they were (luckily it was a fairly unusual name). So we looked on FR & found some of their other half-siblings listed. I contacted every one of them & one of the brothers answered, the rest is history as they say.

They were my dad's daughters.
    We didn't find out about them until after he died, they didn't even know we existed. We were told they were in Australia, they were told dad had gone to New Zealand.
    They grew up in Enfield we grew up in Southend.

We regret all the years we missed, but times were different back then & I guess everyone thought they were doing the right thing. At times it's still hard to believe we finally found them.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

All-About stitchysyl
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by funky_fudge_factory View Post
    Awwwwwwwwwwwww that is fantastic news How old is Lyndsey now?
    She will be 14 now...and quite a young lady I reckon. She was about 3 last time I saw her.

Lindsey has just emailed and sent me her email address as well...so she obviously wants to get in touch with us.

I am beginning to get all emotional now....

awwwwwww bless you Sylvia ! I hope everything works out well for you all. It's going to be an exciting time

XX
    MY EBID SHOP
    Is full of good stuff !

All-About stitchysyl
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    I'm so pleased for you

Genesreunited is great, after searching since 1979 we managed to track down our 2 elder half-sisters earlier this year. We've now all met. The GRO indexes were an big help as well, tho the final contact was actually made through Friends Reunited.

Luckily one of their half-brothers had added their/his mum to GR, under her maiden name. I'd know it for years but there were 10 or 12 possibles in the GRO birth indexes, then something my aunt said in passing made everything click into place.

We couldn't get an answer through GR but it did give me the brothers name, I checked under his surname on GR & there they were (luckily it was a fairly unusual name). So we looked on FR & found some of their other half-siblings listed. I contacted every one of them & one of the brothers answered, the rest is history as they say.

They were my dad's daughters.
    We didn't find out about them until after he died, they didn't even know we existed. We were told they were in Australia, they were told dad had gone to New Zealand.
    They grew up in Enfield we grew up in Southend.

We regret all the years we missed, but times were different back then & I guess everyone thought they were doing the right thing. At times it's still hard to believe we finally found them.

They are great...and I have found people on Friends Reunited that I haven't seen since I was at school...some I wish I hadn't found..lol

Its lovely to hear that you found your sisters.

Lindsey has only just today discovered when she looked at my family tree, that she has two half brothers ...my son (her dad) hadn't been in contact to tell her. Seemingly he has had their contact details all this time and never told us...another reason I think why he never calls us...but thats another story.

Her dad is my second oldest son...and moved to Scotland when he left her mum. He married and settled there. There has been a huge argument between him and my other three kids, and he just doesn't get in touch any more.

Why is it that its always the mum (me) who is stuck in the middle.

* GOOD LUCK *
    Hope it all goes well for you, sure it will x

All-About stitchysyl
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by funky_fudge_factory View Post
    awwwwwww bless you Sylvia ! I hope everything works out well for you all. It's going to be an exciting time

XX
    I'm still feeling a bit shell shocked...but you're right...it is exciting.

And kiddie winkies luvs their nan too,nice thoughts to look forward too.....

Thread Information