eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Gazza & Mark do you have a timescale yet?

I am another who has made a gold commitment for a year, yes I would like more sales, but then everyone does. However ask yourself this if you are still selling over on Ebay, all the time you continue to support eBay the buyers will hang around over there as opposed to going somewhere else.
    Yes I do still sell on feebay, mainly because I put everything on a 90 day listing before the price went up. I run as few full price auctions as I can, mainly on cheap listing days. I use every sale there to promote here. I also CHARGE MORE THERE, to cover their exhorbitant fees.

My newer lines have never been on feebay & are exclusive to eBid.

In fact I've just joined eBid with another ID to use for personal sales & purchases. I've already started buying & will be listing stuff to sell soon.

(Gothicina is meant to be for business use only, or it confuses the accountant &/or tax man.)

Hi Hun, I wasn't meaning you But we have had a lot of new members ask why can't you make it like ebay.
    I know you didn't, I've noticed them too.
    BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Last edited by Gothicina; 12th October 2006 at 04:56 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Exactly, I never said all of eBid was a rip-off, I spoke of the specific charge. A large image is given free, to charge a varying fee for a mini image when it costs a flat rate less than the large image, is not a fair charge.

The effect of it also couped with no thumbnail images for silver sellers thus the majority of the site, is that shopping at ebid is far less intuitive and attractive then most other shopping sites that have preview images as standard.

eBid need to ensure basic shopping site essential preview images are on most auctions to attract buyers, not a minority minimising sales and revenue.

So its more the logic of the fee not linked to cost, the negative impact it has on potential buyers, sales and revenue.

Also notice I said it would be quite fair if eBid instead charged a more flat rate final value fee (regardless of preview images or not) of say 0.5% for all auctions capped at £10k. That is roughly for eg. a HIGHER FEE than present. But its fairer as its not for a flat cost basic feature most shopping sites have. Its also then meaning most products at least have a preview image, dramatically improving the shopping usability and attractability to sales...mass increase in sales and revenue.

Wakefield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View nobrassband's Feedback (+1072)
    All-About nobrassband
    View nobrassband's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Listing on more than one site

Ref. post #61.
    Nothing wrong at all in listing on more than one site as long as the respective site rules are observed, etc. As a buyer and seller I regularly use more than one site - its called freedom of choice. Usually the actual buying and selling activity takes place on eBay, of course; but, who knows, one day a rival site may one day take over the top slot.
    Last edited by grimbold; 12th October 2006 at 09:44 PM.

Books and More from nobrassband

~~~
    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
    (Isaac Asimov)

Thread Information