Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: suggestions

Default suggestions

Hi, I joined ebid in July because I needed an alternative selling venue to eBay and I have bought and sold quite a few items and have been very pleased. The past 3 months using eBid have been very encouraging and I intend to persevere and try to continue to increase sales. I also look on eBid first for items that I used to buy on eBay.

I have one or 2 suggestions which would make ebid easier for me to use as a business seller.

I would prefer to be able to list my items as BuyNow only without the auction option. (I know it is an auction site, and I know lots of people won't agree with BuyNow only, but with large stocks of relatively low value items when people may require any number of similar items from 1 to 100+, BuyNow only is the simplest and least time consuming method for me to use )

It would be much easier for me to control my stock if there was no upper limit for Dutch Auctions. This one thing would really make a lot of difference to me

If people buy items using the BuyNow option, I would prefer the listing time not to begin running down unless there are no items left, because it adds to the time I have to spend maintaining my listings.

I would like the pppay.com invoice that is sent out to be clearer. People find it confusing, and because the combined P&P for multiple purchases is not spelt out, I have found that some people tend to underpay on the P&P when they have purchased more than one item, even though the P&P is clearly given on every listing. I would like to be able to customise the PPPay.com invoices or stop them being sent automatically.

I have read somewhere that listings with no buyers totally disappear without trace after 180 days. I hope this isn't true because I spent weeks setting up my eBid shop, and I don't expect everything to sell. However, the more choice people have, the more they will buy, and even poor sellers represent choice. I hope all items in an ebid shop that is being regularly maintained will stay visible.

Thanks for reading this and doing such a good job.

Best wishes,
    Karen
    Woolshopdirect have available a large selection of double knitting, random colour yarn, chunky, aran, pure alpaca, mohair, boucle, pure wool, 4-ply cones, baby yarn, knitting patterns and needles. GOOD VALUE - TOP CLASS SERVICE

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/WOOLSHOPDIRECT

Hi Karen,
    If you export your active and unsold listings to excel and back-up regularly that way, you won't lose them after they dissapear after 180 days.

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

woolshopdirect, You make some great comments, and the 180 day question is one that I have wondered about.

*artsbanquet* I don't bother with any of the bulk upload tools I found them too awkward, do you know if it is possible just to set unsold listing for 10 days with 10 repost, or would the listing just disapear anyhow?

Hi Bloxbooks,
    It's not the bulk lister I'm talking about - I'm referring to the "export" function in your "My Ebid" section. It's very small and easy to miss, but it's very useful to make sure that listings are saved.

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question. Maybe someone will come along who knows the answer :-)

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have all my listings set for 7 day duration, to autorepost 10 times. After that they appear under "Auctions I posted" and can be set going again in bulk. There is a nasty spell just after they close and before they appear in my ebid - not more than 15 minutes but scary!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View onlinegifts's Feedback (+501)
    All-About onlinegifts
    View onlinegifts's Listings
    Forum Posts

hello

I think the 180 day rule is only for the 1st bid format, use auction format 10 day (or any lenght) and repost 10 times and as said above it saves it your ebid not sold bit.

I am using Ebid over Ebay now also since end of July and I am vey happy :>) with ebid, okay a few little bits need to improve but the guys are working on it and I can't wait.

What I would like is "fakes" 2 go as I sell originals well not listed many as their is no point as people think they must be fake as their under rrp but these come with papers but sorry ebid I cant sell these due to thousands of fakes, this is the only thing that puts me off this site.

is there a option to report sellers by user name? instead of one by one as I don't have months of spare time to report them all........lol!

thanks
    BIG SALE now on in my Bargain Shop

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...tle-girls-Shop

Usborne books at home Mummy says its only 5.00 to join till 9th March.
    PM me for details xxx

Quote Originally Posted by onlinegifts View Post
    hello

I think the 180 day rule is only for the 1st bid format, use auction format 10 day (or any lenght) and repost 10 times and as said above it saves it your ebid not sold bit.

I am using Ebid over Ebay now also since end of July and I am vey happy :>) with ebid, okay a few little bits need to improve but the guys are working on it and I can't wait.

What I would like is "fakes" 2 go as I sell originals well not listed many as their is no point as people think they must be fake as their under rrp but these come with papers but sorry ebid I cant sell these due to thousands of fakes, this is the only thing that puts me off this site.

is there a option to report sellers by user name? instead of one by one as I don't have months of spare time to report them all........lol!

thanks
    Good point, how can people sell designer stuff at a good price on here, you just can't take the chance as most of the fakes have fake paperwork with them as well now, so even with the correct paperwork peeps would not know the difference and still would not bid on your stuff, well not at the price it should be.
    You can see the amount of these items being sold rising daily.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    Hi Karen,
    If you export your active and unsold listings to excel and back-up regularly that way, you won't lose them after they dissapear after 180 days.
    Hi Artsbanquet,
    Thanks for your advice, I will try this.
    Woolshopdirect have available a large selection of double knitting, random colour yarn, chunky, aran, pure alpaca, mohair, boucle, pure wool, 4-ply cones, baby yarn, knitting patterns and needles. GOOD VALUE - TOP CLASS SERVICE

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/WOOLSHOPDIRECT

Forum Lurker
    View ggj2's Feedback (+12)
    All-About ggj2
    View ggj2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hey, Artsbanquet, that piece of advice is great to know!!! Those of us who have defected from *bay aren't used to having to relist things in our shops.
    Thanks, ggj2

Question

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    Hi Bloxbooks,
    It's not the bulk lister I'm talking about - I'm referring to the "export" function in your "My Ebid" section. It's very small and easy to miss, but it's very useful to make sure that listings are saved.
    Great tip, thanks, BUT, how do I import them ???

Thread Information