Thread: EVIL BANKs READ THIS !!!!

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmist View Post
    First the Government pushed us into having pensions and benefits paid into a Bank Account. Last year we had no Benefit paid into the account for 5 weeks before we saw we were in the red when the Bank Statement arrived. We were 7 weeks without Benefits before we got the backdated payments. Luckily the Bank generously waived the charges and gave us an emergency overdraft as it obviously wasn't our fault. We did however have a bit of grief from the companies whose DD's were bounced. We had no explanation or apology fromn the DSS, who told us that they wouldn't pay any Bank Charges incurred by their mistake! We used to collect our money on Monday. Now it isn't paid in untill Thursday, so we have virtually lost 3 days Benefit. The Post Office we used has been closed down due to "inactivity"!
    If you have £1,500 lying idle in your account, it should be in a savings account, not a current account. I don't know many pensioners who get enough pension, pension credit, whatever, to avoid paying these charges. Perhaps the Government will put up pensions and benefits by £10 a month to cover the charges. Oink,Oink, Flap, Flap. Flying pigs!!!
    Whoever these people are they are living in dreamland most pensioners these days have been literally forced to have their pensions paid into the bank or post offices and I know for a fact that their pensions don't come anywhere near that limit, my husband and I are both pensioners and between us our pensions don't even come to a third of that amount, why the devil should we pay £10.00 out of that meagre amount it's absolutely scandalous. Grrrrrr
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

Hayling Island, Hampshire, United Kingdom
    View Fossy's Feedback (+826)
    All-About Fossy
    View Fossy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perhaps if the guys at EBID put a little more into advertising etc. we could all have £1500 in our bank accounts..LOL.

I closed most of my FD accounts a while ago in favour of someone else who pays a lot more interest. I kept one account with them open just for emergencies and to be able to use their excellent "internet banking safe" facility. But it looks as tho' that will have to go soon as well...
    Chris
    (The sex & drugs have gone, but the rock 'n roll lives on)

Listen to Fossy on the Mojo Fingers Blues Show - Every weekday from 7 till 8pm

If Harmonica players don't blow - they suck.

Yup it is selective marketing, they don't want us "poor" people. Yet another "tax" on peeps who can't afford it. Guess the rest of the online banks will follow soon. Makes me mad but what can you do?.

I'm sure that most who are unhappy with this charge will simply vote with their feet and leave the bank- I think once other banks see how many customers FD loses, then they won't want to introduce charges.

Chief Executive Chris Pilling is a turd. He don't live in the real world. Guess what HSBC runs FD. Don't know how many other banks it owns. Goverment response is a disgrace. Are they going to give us an extra 10 quid a month for there insistence we recieve our money via bacs? Don,t hold your breath!

This is probably a reaction to the Office of Fair Trading telling the banks that the charges levied on going into the red are illegal.

A returned Direct Debit / Standing Order / Cheque or unauthorised Overdraft will land you with a 'charge' of upto £38 (Rip-off Bank of Scotland). The OFT told the banks that these are 'punitive' charges and well in excess - about £37.99 in excess - of the cost involved.

That hasn't stopped the banks wacking these charges on, so it won't be long before the OFT enforces it's ruling.

If you want to see just how 'Evil' the banks are, goto http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...group-against/

I thought the Nationwide, which has held my account for 30 years, would be safe. They fought the charges on cash point machines, and hostile takeover bids to remain free of shareholders. By that I mean that the customers are the share holders. I was, therefore, highly upset to read in yesterdays Times, that they were "actively considering" making similar charges. If all the Banks do it, then where do I go?
    The Government insisted we had to have the money paid into a Bank or Building Society. As a result they closed our Post Office down. As it is we haven't had a Bank or Building Society in the village for donkey's years. There is a cash point in the Bookies. It charges £2.75 to withdraw your own money.

Thread Information