Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Violent attacker jailed - Tracked down web user

Exclamation Violent attacker jailed - Tracked down web user

'Web rage' pickaxe attacker jailed

The first person to be charged with a "web rage" attack was jailed for two and a half years today.

Tempers flared after Paul Gibbons, 47, and John Jones, 43, exchanged insults in an Internet chatroom, an Old Bailey judge was told.

After tracing Mr Jones to his home address in Clacton, Gibbons armed himself with a pickaxe handle and, accompanied by a man with a machete, travelled 70 miles to the Essex seaside town in December 2005.

FULL STORY
    This story highlights the importance of NOT publishing personal details about yourself or your family on the internet. Something which another KT'er is now painfully aware of too.

Oh my god, does make you wonder what goes through these peoples heads doesn't it.

All-About pheasantplukka
    View pheasantplukka's Listings
    Forum Posts

"Mr Jones had posted pictures of his family on the web and had chatted to Gibbons on an audio link," he said.

"It demonstrates how easily other users can put two and two together and also shows how children could also find themselves in danger."

Interesting article - this is just a snippet but read the whole thing - eye opener for sure

All-About pheasantplukka
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    This story highlights the importance of NOT publishing personal details about yourself or your family on the internet. Something which another KT'er is now painfully aware of too.

damien I assume you are referring to my thread, I must stress that neither us nor the police can be sure at this stage if it is connected to any online activity but they aren't ruling it out.

In the meantime I feel like a prisoner in my own home

Quote Originally Posted by pheasantplukka View Post
    damien I assume you are referring to my thread, I must stress that neither us nor the police can be sure at this stage if it is connected to any online activity but they aren't ruling it out.

In the meantime I feel like a prisoner in my own home

Chin up missus .... you can ride this
    ((((hugs))))
    Tart with a Heart

All-About pheasantplukka
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deeze792 View Post
    Chin up missus .... you can ride this
    ((((hugs))))
    maybe in time dee but the details are very shocking, I obvs dont want to go into them here, I just need to get some bleddy sleep lol I feel like a zombie

Quote Originally Posted by pheasantplukka View Post
    maybe in time dee but the details are very shocking, I obvs dont want to go into them here, I just need to get some bleddy sleep lol I feel like a zombie

always about if ya need me
    Tart with a Heart

Didnt want to click the link, but i did and i have actually heard that story before ( on here i think ? last wk or so ) ... there is a world of difference between that and what you had happen kazzi ... you most certainly did not deserve to have your home violated and i hope that with your new security measures and police assistance, who ever it was will soon see that trying the same thing again will most likely get them a heafty prison sentance.

( take care ) xx

Thread Information