Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Feedback revamp

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    On a personal note when I buy I like to see if I can expect the goods quickly and that they are also good quality, often you can't get this from a few words of feedback..

Thanks for the input so far, keep 'em coming.

G
    Gazza, perhaps you could put a note above the feedback box describing what sort of thing to put, so you could mention in there about how long the goods took to arrive, were they well packed, were you happy with them, was communication good from the seller/buyer, etc.etc.
    I can see where you're coming from, but I think if people have too many options it might put them off leaving feedback as they might think "I'll do it tomorrow" and then never get round to it.

Forum Lurker
    View MrsMuffy's Feedback (+199)
    All-About MrsMuffy
    View MrsMuffy's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would like a place on the Items I've sold or bought that tells me if I have sent feedback or not something like a little button with feedback received or feedback sent.
    I still find it very difficult to navigate this site and find things and if it was there straight in front of me I could not forget to send it
    Do you need some wicks for your oil lamp or paraffin heater? then Why not visit my Ebid store http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Mouse-Trap

If you are not a member of Ebid,and wish to join please press this linkhttp://uk.ebid.net/buddy/265598

Forum Lurker
    View illudius's Feedback (+1324)
    All-About illudius
    View illudius's Listings
    Forum Posts

I like the current feedback system and don't think it should change. However I do have related suggestions.

If a user is bounced from the site (for NPB status etc.) then all the feedback they have left should be removed. I think this is a good idea for two reasons:-

1. It removes spiteful negative feedback given to buyers and sellers who probably didn't deserve it. After all if someone has been banned they should be considered untrustworthy and their feedback opinions should be forfeit.

2. It helps to some extent with unscruplious people with several accounts who boost their own feedback. If they are banned from an account they loose that feedback boost on their other accounts. It's not a solution to multiple accounts but at least it might discourage some people from spending time and effort in this way.

My other suggestion is that feedback import from previous sites should be withdrawn. I think EBID is now strong enough to stand on it's own merit and no longer needs this feedback net. I have several hundred positive feedback that was imported from Yahoo which I think gives me (and other similar sellers) an unfair advantage. It also makes EBID look like a bit of a dumping ground. I think withdrawing this imported feedback from all users would be better for EBID's image.

Illudius
    Come visit my Comic Emporium, it's lovely
    Come visit Northern Comics

I agree with all those ideas, Illudius. Great stuff!

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Mouse Trap View Post
    I would like a place on the Items I've sold or bought that tells me if I have sent feedback or not something like a little button with feedback received or feedback sent.
    I still find it very difficult to navigate this site and find things and if it was there straight in front of me I could not forget to send it
    This will be found in our next upgrade.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Nr. Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View e_nviable's Feedback (+584)
    All-About e_nviable
    View e_nviable's Listings
    Forum Posts

'morning gazza

Still burning the midnight oil ?

e

After Sales Feedback .. Did the seller make contact if required, did you find payment simple,

Shipping Feedback .. Was it shipped on time, was the packaging up to scratch

Product feedback .. Was it what you expected, does it live up to it's description

Hi Gazza,
    in theory, the idea of feedback being split to give much more info sounds great, unfortunately I think most people are too lazy to leave 3 lots of feedback for every item.

If you could devise a way that leaving just one positive/neg/neu covered all three, unless the buyer chose to split them, to cover the odd transaction when necessary (maybe the service was great, but packging lousy), that might work.

Would it mean that a seller could earn up to 3 positives for a transaction, but a buyer only 1 or would each option be worth 33.3333%
    of a pos/neg/neu?
    Last edited by Gothicina; 7th December 2006 at 10:17 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

After Sales Feedback .. Did the seller make contact if
    required, did you find payment simple,
    ------------------------------------------------

Silly idea, personally, all that will happen is there will be people who have difficulty not understanding some part of the ppay process or something and leaving a negative against the buyer, when its not even their fault

Shipping Feedback .. Was it shipped on time, was the packaging up to scratch
    --------------------------------------------------
    Again silly in my opinion, royal mail are experts at delaying post and trying cool kung fu moves on your parcels, a damage or delayed item which isnt the sellers fault again could result in a negative for the seller

---------------------------------------------------------

Keep the current feedback thingy, theres nothing wrong with it, nice and simple

and personally id rather your time be spent on something more productive and worthwile for the site.
    Last edited by manstomar; 10th December 2006 at 09:31 PM.
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

As with others, I'd mostly say leave feedback the way it is .....

...... but I'd support a DATE-DRIVEN delivery feedback even though it would put me at a major disadvantage compared to most sellers.

Something like this -

The feedback system stays as it is now (but with more visible links)
    Each Feedback has the following date fields -
    1. (Input by system) Purchase date (date of Bid for BINs / close for auctions)
    2. (Input by Seller) Date payment received
    3. (Input by Seller) Date item despatched
    4. (Input by Buyer) Date item received

System then nags Buyer AND Seller every 5 days (after date 1) regarding No 2 (Maybe Buyer did not send - maybe Seller forgot to add)
    When No 2 completed, system nags Seller every 2 days for No 3
    When No 3 completed, system nags Buyer every 7 days for No 4.

Once No 4 is completed, system displays total days taken from purchase to delivery (on the feedback record).

The Seller's total AVERAGE delivery time could then be displayed alongside their feedback stats.
    The Buyer's total AVERAGE payment time could then be displayed alongside their feedback stats.

The system also nags Buyer for feedback (every 5 days?) after No 4 is entered.
    Once buyer has left feedback, system nags Seller for feedback (every 5 days?) if not left already.

The above date entering could be placed in the AAL area for both Buyer and Seller, as well as in the Feedback page - thus acting as an after-sale log item as well as a feedback supplemental info section.

NO option to turn off the nags (until user has feedback over 200?) as part of "user education".

This would really open up visibility of payment and shipping reliability per user, and really push home the purpose and importance of feedback in online trading - way too many people simply don't leave any and never communicate why.

As I said, it would disadvantage long-distance international sellers like me, but I think it would also benefit everyone (and discourage con-artists and scammers from even thinking of joining the site) - from that perspective, it's worth doing.

Gaz

Last edited by gazlannathai; 19th December 2006 at 03:47 PM.

Whilst the above proposal would seem on the face of it to be a good idea, It would discourage International trading, be intensley irritating if things were delayed for any reason. I don't object to delays provided the other party communicates, communication is the key to pleasant transactions.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information