Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't believe it (veils)

Default I don't believe it (veils)

Story in the news today about a man who tried to board a plane using his sister's passport and dressed in the full bodied veil outfit. He nearly got away with it.

It came to light that women wearing veils are not asked to remove them for identification when going through passport control - I am gobsmacked at that! My son was asked to remove his cap once, although his face was fully in view!

How on earth can they keep control of who is going in and out of the country if they can't see them properly!

Rant over.

A point that was raised during our recent discussion on here. Perhaps the government should read these forums before deciding policy?

On todays news.....

A suspect in the Sharon Beshenivsky killing is believed to have left the country dressed as a Muslim woman, complete with veil. He simply walked out of the country unchallenged.

Doesnt surprise me one bit!

Imagine all the terroists that can get on board a plane dressed like that OR how many terroists are walking around our streets dressed like that, completely disguised as they go and buy bomb making equipment and god knows what else!

Or worse still, imagine how many terrorists are walking around looking exactly like us! It makes them even harder to spot!

Hmmm ... im a synical biat** and i cant help thinking its very CONVINIANT that this has occured so soon after the BIG VEIL DEBATE.

If they wanted to add considerable weight to their argument ( they being the goverment ) then what better way.

That said ... I was alarmed anyway, when i realised that it could indeed be ANYONE under those veils and so - even without this new news - i would be swayed towards thinking its time for a rule revisal. < is that a word ?

View minkyrra's Feedback (+1752)
    All-About minkyrra
    View minkyrra's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Or worse still, imagine how many terrorists are walking around looking exactly like us! It makes them even harder to spot!

those with veils should have to show their face to the passport checkout, even if they have to be dealt with in a different queue whatever, but identity needs to be checked

All-About pheasantplukka
    View pheasantplukka's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minkyrra View Post

those with veils should have to show their face to the passport checkout, even if they have to be dealt with in a different queue whatever, but identity needs to be checked
    I agree there but in reality, as I pointed out on the last big debate about this, and as someone has rightly pointed out here, the one thing about veils in the current climate we are in these days is that a terrorist could be disguised very easily on teh street not just airports etc

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh, the BEST (ha ha) news is this:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6195581.stm

Murder suspect may have fled in veil with sister's passport...
    Last edited by rainbowcraft; 22nd December 2006 at 01:44 AM.

Yep, that's the one hoverstar mentioned.

I reckon that everyone needs to be treated equally as far as security goes. Religious freedoms are all very well in general, but public safety has to come first.

Thread Information