Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nigerian scams on e-bid

Exclamation These Guys Are Still at Work

Hey Sellers,

Continue to be on the look out...

* Angelica Williams <willorrd@gmail.com >
    * customerservices@ usps.com which is really(customercare_sevices@consultant.com)
    *jerryclen@yahoo.co.uk

Both "Buyers" Scammers have registered with UK addresses and now claim to live in the US. They both want to purchase over $3000 of merchandise and have it sent to Africa. And it seems, they are still running rampant 11 months after this first post. By the way, it just so happens, that once WILLORRD has realized I’m not budging… JERRYCLEN, just so happens to purchase the exact same merchandise in the same quantity. See some of their work below.

customerservices@ usps.com

Subject: *** PAYMENT REMINDER FROM ANGELICA WILLIAMS ****

Dear M.Thompson, We are using this medium to inform you that if we did not hear anything from you till on monday, we will have to returned the Postal Order back to Angelica Williams. Since you did not send us the tracking number of the products. We are here to send the postal order to you but if you didn't send the tracking number, we will not be able to do that.

Sincerely,
    Customer Services.
    Angelica Williams <willorrd@gmail.com > wrote:

Subject: Re: *** I want to buy Nokia N80 *****
    >
    > Hi Michele,
    > I have agreed to make the payment of $3151.76, so my order can be faster and Here is how postal order i want to send to you works: For instance, Lease agreed you buy phone worth $1,000 from me and you are willing to pay me through Postal Order what you need to do, just go to your nearest postal order company and pay them in cash and give them my information (Name, Address, Amount you want to pay me $1,000) Once you do this they will have to contact me that you have make a payment worth $1,000 through Postal Order. So what I will have to do is to cross check all the details you gave them if it is correct I can now ask them to send the Postal Order to me. When I get it I can go to any bank around me and show them the postal order, the bank will surely pay me in cash. Is this clear to you? So if you want me to pay you through postal order get back to me so i can make the payment tomorrow as our time in seatlle, Washington right now is 7:15pm
    > N.b: I want to make the payment like this because i don't want any delayed on the product, Once the postal order contact you make sure you shipped my order, Okay?

jerry clen (jerryclen@yahoo.co.uk)

Hello Seller,
    Compliment,I am Mrs Jerry Clen from united state of american. I am interested in buying your item to my Daughter as a gift for the new convention which is coming up soon, i want the item send to her in west africa(23401).Concerning the payment,i will like to send you the payment via ( Certified cashier's check or Paypal) So i wants you to get back to me with your resident address,mobile number,total cost & shipping cost to her there in west africa(23401) via (USPS,fedex,dhl) in order for me to make the transction ontime.And do not forgot to send me your email addres as well.
    Bye for now,
    Regards.

If they offer to pay more than the auction price, and ask you to
    give change via money order or WU than it's a scam.

For online buying people pay the amount, they don't overpay or underpay if there a legit.

Avoid nigeria, they have the hightest rate of fraud in the world.(I forgot were I found that info, but it's true.)

Also avoid countries that are at war, the postal system in any country at war will be unstable, if there is troops, jets , and tanks attacking a country.

Thread Information