Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Do you think ebooks should be allowed to be sold on ebid?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 22.37%
  • No

59 77.63%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you think ebooks should be allowed

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mugworld View Post
    I think you are all missing the point here. People buy ebooks to increase feedback. On feebay you need a score of 10 positives before you can sell at a fixed price. The cheapest and quickest way to do this is to buy 10 ebooks at a penny each. I know a lot of people who have done this and not even bothered to read them.
    To be fair people can do that with any item going cheap on fleabay or on here.

Also arnt a lot of members on here plugging their own cheap junk JUST to get newbies to increase their own and their feedback?

surely thats the same thing and its up to them, just as buying the ebooks to increase feedback is up to them
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

I voted No,

I have found some ebooks helpful a little bit, but alot of ebooks are trash and the information is on the internet, you can download 100s of ebooks for free from p2p programs such as Limewire.

This place will be flooded with ebooks spamming every popular category - if one exists on eBid.
    http://uk.ten.ebid.net/stores/PhilsRecords

12" Vinyl: House, Trance, Dance, UK Garage, Urban, Jungle/DnB, White labels, Promos etc...

Quote Originally Posted by nysablaze View Post
    Besides you can't curl up in bed with an ebook, just isn't the same
    I quite regularly read my ebooks in bed on my Pocket PC and they are exactly the same as the paper versions, but electronic instead.

I don't think I want to have ebooks on this site. that may lead to MLM scam, Get rich quick eBooks, copyright infrigment and lots of scammers.

I don't want this site to be like StormPay, were most listing are eBooks , MLM, and all that junk I don't want.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

OP which part of "NO" did you misunderstand? The rules & Regs of eBid say they are not allowed - end of story. This must have been decided for a reason.

They are a scammers dream, Gazza and Mark are doing their best to get rid of scammers. So why should their products be allowed?
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

I successfully sold more than 2000+ ebooks on another auction site with no trouble or problems at all...it is big business there are only the odd few who abuse the system but generally you can pick up some great info for around £1...

I am new to ebid today, came from another auction site due to their very high listing and final value fees. !!

http://uk.three.ebid.net/stores/discounts4u2007

Default ebooks should be allowed!

I have just joined ebid and recently upgrade my account only to find that you can't sell ebooks which I am most disappointed about. I have sold a number of ebooks my self and many have found the information I have sold very useful (your welcome to see my feedback on ebay). Information to some people can be worth it's weight in gold and can save people hours of searching for free information. Lets say an average wage is £12 hour and you spend on average of 2 hours searching for the information you need (it's actually taken me days to collate the information I sell) yet you find an ebook on ebay, ebid etc (in one place) which is what you are looking for £4.99 and takes 15 mins to find! Which is most cost effective? Furthermore, most people offer money back guarantees and surely the feedback will give potential buyers a good idea into whether it is a worth while purchase or not! We have the right to sell our information and you have the right to decide whether to buy this information or not! Why should genuine sellers be penalised because there are some that are not genuine? My last comment for you to think about is..... are schools, colleges or universities free?

Hi

I have bought a couple of ebooks and found them extremely useful - and so on my experience I voted yes - but after reading this thread - I see that many people have had problems with them and the trouble they could cause the site.

Humm - now I am not so sure. Shame that it would be too difficult to vet the listings to prevent the rubbishy ebooks.

Quote Originally Posted by eyelectronics View Post
    I have just joined ebid and recently upgrade my account only to find that you can't sell ebooks which I am most disappointed about. I have sold a number of ebooks my self and many have found the information I have sold very useful (your welcome to see my feedback on ebay). Information to some people can be worth it's weight in gold and can save people hours of searching for free information. Lets say an average wage is £12 hour and you spend on average of 2 hours searching for the information you need (it's actually taken me days to collate the information I sell) yet you find an ebook on ebay, ebid etc (in one place) which is what you are looking for £4.99 and takes 15 mins to find! Which is most cost effective? Furthermore, most people offer money back guarantees and surely the feedback will give potential buyers a good idea into whether it is a worth while purchase or not! We have the right to sell our information and you have the right to decide whether to buy this information or not! Why should genuine sellers be penalised because there are some that are not genuine? My last comment for you to think about is..... are schools, colleges or universities free?
    I think you can blame the likes of feebay pulse for the anti-ebook feeling, the way ebooks, get rich quick,pyramid schemes & the like are used on feebay has had a detrimental effect on how such products are viewed in general.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

I am a new ebid member, and have written several ebooks on music theory and learning. I use no links, no 'get rich' promo crap, and no resellable schemes at all. I just focus on good writing, and the extra value an ebook offers in terms of adding multimedia.

I pay feebay a PILE of money every month (especially with the new fees) and I wish that eBid would allow ebooks! I guess I could burn the info on a CDRom and offer it that way, but I hate to generate so much more plastic, packaging, etc.

Please eBid - consider lifting the ban under the circumstances:

-Original author is selling the item
    -No resellables (that'll keep the junk listings WAY down
    -No money making schemes, methods, etc.

Love the site otherwise - keep up the good work!

Thread Information