Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are you going to the USA ?

View cccgem's Feedback (+3)
    All-About cccgem
    View cccgem's Listings
    Forum Posts

Dragonmist seeing you're half American, do you come here often?

Dragonmist seeing you're half American, do you come here often?
    cccgem, I'm not certain what you are asking.
    I was born in England and have lived here all of my life. I do have over 70 relatives in the USA, rather less over here.

bridalstudio, I'm not looking for a fight, and don't get upset that easily. I still do not think the EEC should have allowed the USA to poke their noses into the private business of UK citizens. The Data Protection Act was supposed to prevent this gross invasion into privacy. Hackers might or might not get into my PC, but all sensitive material on my PC is encrypted. I wish them joy of obtaining anything they like!
    If the USA wants to probe my affairs, they should have to prove the need to a Judge. Under the new law passed by the EEC, they no longer have to prove need to a Judge. They don't even need a warrant. They can just go ahead and snoop. Sorry, but that is not what a democracy is supposed to do. That is the sort of Secret Police State which the Soviets would have recognised.

View cccgem's Feedback (+3)
    All-About cccgem
    View cccgem's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just wondered if you traveled here often, and if the security changes would prevent you from returning in the future?

Seems we're all being watched, even where there's not even a hint of smoke.

I don't go to the USA cccgem because I can't fly or sail any more. I have an inner ear problem which means I get airsick and sea sick. The new security business would put me off travelling to the USA if I was able to.
    My father's generation are all gone now, and I lost track of my adopted brother years ago. I do write and email some of my cousins, but it is very unlikely I will ever go back now. They are spread out through Terra Haute, Carolina, Indianapolis, and New York, and we don't have a lot in common really, though the ones who came here as students did visit me.

Smile

Thats a shame Beryl,was gonna collect you and take you in my hand luggage on the 23rd to vegas,but if ya have an inner ear problem thats out the window sorry,enjoy ur evening etc......

Thread Information