eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the best bargain you've bought on eBid?

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up What's the best bargain you've bought on eBid?

Just pondering the problems of selling online and have arrived at the conclusion that the answer must lie in selling what people want to buy, which isn't always what we would expect it to be. So I thought about it some more, and then decided to check back and see what stood out as my best bargain bought on eBid. I can highly recommend this exercise as it offers up some interesting conclusions. Try it for yourself, only check your feedback as a buyer.

I think my best buy to date has to have been the two single duvet sets bought for £1 + P&P. More recently, I jumped at the chance of some money off vouchers that were selling with a CD and a book, all for a starting bid of 99p. I was unchallenged and I got reduced postage from Bizarrebargains for also buying 10 x greetings cards. I was delighted with my purchases - for four quid, I got all of the above plus £7.50 off my shopping bills.

Reading through old feedback AS A BUYER reveals a great deal about these auctions. I thought my two single duvet sets were an unmissable opportunity - my best bargain to date, yet I was unchallenged as a bidder. So, what do buyers want?

In all honesty, I could quite happily buy everything I needed online. The best part, although sometimes the most tedious, is searching for that bargain when you need it and making sure you really don't pay more than you have to. It's simple - I've compared many items in several auction sites and found the same thing cheaper in a store. When I'm in the online auctions, I want to be sure that what I buy really is a bargain, so let's help show new potential bidders and buyers what it's all about - let's compare 'best buys on eBid' and reassure others that they really could be missing out on something worthwhile here.

Oh! What about a challenge or some sort? Like mystery shopping to find the best value for a particular product? I might just have stumbled upon the answer to my own question!
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

View onlinegifts's Feedback (+501)
    All-About onlinegifts
    View onlinegifts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Mystery Shopping/Market research is a very good idea.

I do it myself as a part time job!!! (can't do it myself on here as at the moment I am fully booked with assigments, its gone crazy)

With regards to Bargains, gone through my feedback and couldn't find any I have purchased but sold loads of bargains very very cheap!!!

It was also very sad to see many lines through names of sellers who delivered excellent service to myself and have lots of feedback but struck off

I am always looking for bargains, sadly the only ones I did find/buy never got delivered but chased sellers and got refunds on all bar one (will do, I don't give up!!)
    BIG SALE now on in my Bargain Shop

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...tle-girls-Shop

Usborne books at home Mummy says its only 5.00 to join till 9th March.
    PM me for details xxx

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've bought hundreds of items on EBID and been very happy with the majority.

A few of my bargains:
    Ice age 2 DVD (proper version- not one of those tacky chinese imports) for £3.00

Nobby the interactive alarm clock- £10.00. Nobby 'talks' and responds to questions . he's a real favourite in our house.

Ice skating skirt for my daughter.

Various books, postcards, jewellery charms snapped up at prices much better than Feepay.

High quality lables from Gothica.

Plus lots of YDC auctions.

ALL THE TIFFANY stuff ive bought has been
    For some ODD REASON almost all the sellers have disapeared though and in their place is shed loads of bricabrac and generally USELESS SHI*E ...

ACTUALLY ... Just thought of someone else Fabienne ( cant remember her I.D ) EXCELLENT TOP QUALITY gems, glass beads etc. 100% BETTER than any other seller here or elsewhere.

Actually 90% of my sellers have been ACE...Shame 50% of them are gone now though.

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Having seen an instant response, can we keep this thread going a bit longer and get a few more plus points listed for eBid top bargain buys?
    Most of my bad experiences with sellers happened over at [the other] but my biggest problem here has been NPB or problems with first time users attempting to pay via PPPay then coming unstuck. Now that PayPal is available, I think this will make a huge difference, but we still need to hear about all those bargain-busting tales of joy from others to convince the general public that EBID IS FAB and FULL OF BARGAINS and ACCEPTS PAYPAL as well as PPPay.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Quote Originally Posted by fairywishes View Post
    TOP QUALITY gems, glass beads etc. .
    I can get glass beads if you are interested- I sold out before christmas and need to make some more income before my next trip to the warehouse..Let me know what u are after an i will oblige and ps my stuffs way better than my pics - its something I need to improve on

xx chris xx
    "The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart" - Helen Keller
    My Store

View TaraCM's Feedback (+410)
    All-About TaraCM
    View TaraCM's Listings
    Forum Posts

My little bargain.... well dunno about the bargain bit, but i do love it! was from maggiethecat and it was a facial sauna and i use like every other day

& also.... this camera 4 my neice from idealgift03 was a bragin £1 if i remember.... and was great!!!! Think i used it more then she did!!!

I've had loads of bargains off of many lovely sellers on here, but it's the bargains you didn't get that tend to stick in your mind, like the dog bed that never came. No idea what happened there, as she never answered emails or cashed the cheque I sent, which I was able to stop. Then there were the gem-stone earrings that never arrived. I had a nice email asking which gemstones I liked, then nothing. They were cheap and he was in the USA, so it wasn't worth pursuing the matter. Of course there was the bargain bracelet, which I reckoned went at too low a price for the Seller, and there was no reserve, so he never sent it. I did get a refund.
    Everybody else has sent good items at very reasonable prices, and not with pumped up postage rates.

A PC for £1.

Became my Linux email/web/proxy/gateway/database/print/NAS server. Ya gotta love those bargains!
    DISCLAIMER:
    The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the author, or his family, internet service
    provider, mobile phone operator, bank, milk supplier, television channel, favourite movie or religion.
    I don't know where they come from.
    It scares me sometimes.

Thread Information