My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: mmm bulk upload spreadsheet...

Wink mmm bulk upload spreadsheet...

seems simple enough, then after 1 hour of trying to get to grips with it i went and had a cry in the bathroom.

give me a slide rule anyday.....

Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View angelkelly's Feedback (+389)
    All-About angelkelly
    View angelkelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yep I know the feeling!

Been there done that...
    The good thing is though after asking for advice and reading it properly, it takes so much less time to list! It really is worth it!

So... which bits pose a problem? I'm guessing the postage bit and the bit about posting internationally - am I right?

Post your problem here and I'll try and help - infact if its something I can fix I'll email you a copy of the spreadsheet and what it should look like.

Kel
    DM Jewellery - Handmade jewellery from 99p delivered
    http://dmjewellery.ebid.net/

Simply Home - find the perfect gift for you, your loved ones, or your home:
    http://simply-home.ebid.net/

Default Maximum file size and errors

I have been trying since Friday to upload 10,000 items with pretty detailed HTML descriptions. First I tried uploading a series of 50 files of 200 items each. This was rejected first claiming that my files were trying to mask the attachment file name (?). I tried to resend each file in turn and then received a rejection email saying I could only upload 5 files per day.

So, then I tried putting some of the individual files together. Got one upload through of 2000 items (18mb in size). Thought I'd then try 4000 items together (37Mb). This got rejected because it was an oversized file for the mailbox at eBid's end.

When the upload response emails come through they don't identify the file you uploaded which isn't very useful when you get errors like:
    Auction 1805 Error : Image http://eil.com/newgallery/Madonna-In...ning-38278.jpg is invalid. Ensure images are viewable at all times. (which is rubbish because this is a valid link to an image)

I found this by searching my files but I'm not sure if the remaining items from this batch of 2000 uploaded or if the entire batch was rejected.

Can someone enlighten me as to how bulk sellers like us can successfully manage inventory on eBid? It seems this site is geared towards individuals selling off the garage contents not a real sales platform like eBay.

well i have given up with it after spending hours filling in the right bits and copying all the image links . the html descriptions took a few hours more then i even got someone to check it. uploaded it to find it rejected because of a couple of links wrong. so i think i will wait for the listing program to reappear or otherwise i will just have to list a few at a time and build it up over time. i dont have time to go through it all again.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

The most common error with users uploading auctions is that the image links they add to the spreadsheet do not exist. We cannot start gallery auctions if your images are not accessible. If you are not using My Gallery in My eBid. please ensure your images are accessible for at least 24hrs after you send us your sheets.

Thanks
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by eil View Post
    I have been trying since Friday to upload 10,000 items with pretty detailed HTML descriptions. First I tried uploading a series of 50 files of 200 items each. This was rejected first claiming that my files were trying to mask the attachment file name (?). I tried to resend each file in turn and then received a rejection email saying I could only upload 5 files per day.

So, then I tried putting some of the individual files together. Got one upload through of 2000 items (18mb in size). Thought I'd then try 4000 items together (37Mb). This got rejected because it was an oversized file for the mailbox at eBid's end.

When the upload response emails come through they don't identify the file you uploaded which isn't very useful when you get errors like:
    Auction 1805 Error : Image http://eil.com/newgallery/Madonna-In...ning-38278.jpg is invalid. Ensure images are viewable at all times. (which is rubbish because this is a valid link to an image)

I found this by searching my files but I'm not sure if the remaining items from this batch of 2000 uploaded or if the entire batch was rejected.

Can someone enlighten me as to how bulk sellers like us can successfully manage inventory on eBid? It seems this site is geared towards individuals selling off the garage contents not a real sales platform like eBay.
    try sizes of 500 and spread your times out cause its a bit off putting to browse an cat and find 500 or more auctions page after page of the same seller. i try to do 30-50 the same auction length to spread them out over 10 days.

ok it took me a whole day but now i have the hang of it and got 88 listings uploaded. took 2 go's as a couple of images didnt work but will use again, got a couple of 1000 to do. thanks ebid for the advice in the email.

Wednesbury, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View sexstuff's Feedback (+63)
    All-About sexstuff
    View sexstuff's Listings
    Forum Posts

Fortunately for me I have it coded into my website to produce a tab delimited file for all my instock items in the ebid format I then simply open it in excel and copy/paste 500 items at a time into the ebid bulk spreadsheet and email. Takes about 30 minutes to upload 2500 products
    Best Regards - SexStuff

http://www.sex-stuff.co.uk

Professional E-Commerce Stores Click Here

Thread Information