eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: *Kill it*Cook it*Eat it

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

What about Road Kill anyone ever watched that programme,

looking for animals already dead then taking them home cleaning them up and errrrr eating them
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Quote Originally Posted by shezz View Post
    What about Road Kill anyone ever watched that programme,

looking for animals already dead then taking them home cleaning them up and errrrr eating them
    That's just about as dodgy as eating unpackaged food out of rubbish bins - a sure way to give yourself some nasty illness.

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    That's just about as dodgy as eating unpackaged food out of rubbish bins - a sure way to give yourself some nasty illness.
    But they do it, here is a receipe for a Roadkill meal

http://home.flash.net/~rockware/chili.html

Now i don't want any of you trying this at hone
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

View minkyrra's Feedback (+1752)
    All-About minkyrra
    View minkyrra's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by orcadianmedia View Post
    i would decalere myself an omnivore but if i had a piece of meat in front of and it still had it head there is no way in this world that i would be able to eat it.
    i have often thought about become a veggy but meat is full of protiens and vitamins that you cant get from vegatables. i love animals in all forms but when i got meat on my plate i dont consider where it came from and i guess that's the same for many if you stoped and thought about what you were about to eat you problay wouldn't eat the meat.

Hi

Just curious how you feel about fish

If you were served a whole fish complete with head and tail, would you find that a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by shezz View Post
    But they do it ...
    I know.

People eat out of bins, too.

Quote Originally Posted by orcadianmedia View Post
    i would decalere myself an omnivore but if i had a piece of meat in front of and it still had it head there is no way in this world that i would be able to eat it.
    i have often thought about become a veggy but meat is full of protiens and vitamins that you cant get from vegatables.
    Can you tell me what they are, because I seem to have managed very well without them for several decades!

i love animals in all forms but when i got meat on my plate i dont consider where it came from and i guess that's the same for many if you stoped and thought about what you were about to eat you problay wouldn't eat the meat.
    Very true. There are loads and loads of vegetarian alternatives to meat, which are much nicer and healthier for you (i.e. they don't contain tumours, and other parts of animals which I won't even mention here in case anybody's eating their dinner...)

Have a go at some Linda McCartney stuff, or Realeat's Fishless Fishcakes, or Sosmix. They all taste fantastic.

tumours

I guess we are talking burgers and sausages there rather than fillets and similar cuts.

I once had cod, when it was being poached a few white wiggly worms appeared - apparently very common - a whole ball of them live in the gut of the fish. They die obviously as you cook the fish.... but eating the fish after that? mmmmm nothanks. Haddock for me (as it only happens in cod??)

I would like to try rabbit, but local butchers don't sell it - which means I would have to go into the market in town where the rabbits are hanging up with their skins and heads on, and then I back out and can't do it. Used to gross me out compeltely as child going through the market.

We had some nice guinea fowl from him though !
    MY EBID SHOP
    Is full of good stuff !

View minkyrra's Feedback (+1752)
    All-About minkyrra
    View minkyrra's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by funky_fudge_factory View Post
    tumours

I guess we are talking burgers and sausages there rather than fillets and similar cuts.

I once had cod, when it was being poached a few white wiggly worms appeared - apparently very common - a whole ball of them live in the gut of the fish. They die obviously as you cook the fish.... but eating the fish after that? mmmmm nothanks. Haddock for me (as it only happens in cod??)

I would like to try rabbit, but local butchers don't sell it - which means I would have to go into the market in town where the rabbits are hanging up with their skins and heads on, and then I back out and can't do it. Used to gross me out compeltely as child going through the market.

We had some nice guinea fowl from him though !

was it being cooked with it's gut in then?

no - they were fresh fillets - the worms sometimes make it to the meat during the gutting process and go unnoticed as they aren't terribly big... big enought hat you can see um dancing around though !!!
    MY EBID SHOP
    Is full of good stuff !

Here ya go, a pesky little codworm:-

http://curezone.com/ig/i.asp?i=7953
    MY EBID SHOP
    Is full of good stuff !

Thread Information