Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Do you like the new look ebid?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it.

71 78.02%
  • I don't like it.

14 15.38%
  • Am I bovvered?

4 4.40%
  • What new look?

2 2.20%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Look Ebid.

I think it looks fantastic! Lovely design, very nice use of colour, round corners, very attractive and welcoming!

Honestly, I can't believe some people are moaning about it - have you any idea how much work goes into creating a web site, let alone something as huge as Ebid? Any of the problems you find with regard to text size, colour, etc. are very easy to fix indeed, just by changing one or two parameters in the CSS.
    I think the look is very professional, very pleasing to the eye, and nigh on as perfect as it can be.

I have some suggestions for a few very minor tweaks to make some of it clearer, I'll be posting them up on the comments and suggestions pages.

I think it's great!

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question New design

I sat until 2am this morning waiting for the changeover just to be sure and I'm glad I did! I have more auctions to list and would really have messed them up by having all my font sizes wrong. I don't think you can alter font size when listing.

I noticed, also, that you can't jump between sellers' stores and, worst of all... I had just made it my prime ambition to browbeat as many of my friends, neighbours, colleagues and more or less anyone who would listen into joining eBid so I could work my way towards the magical Buddy Points leaugue tables - and now they are gone... mwaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I had to refresh my browser a couple of times to get the text all to resize. Hopefully anyone visiting here in the passing won't have the same reaction I had when I first arrived this morning, which was oh nooooooo.... Bleuch! Until I refreshed the browser.

Umm... other than that, all I have had to do is change the colour schemes in my stores so I could read the pale font text.

Fingers crossed that it all works out. I've seen a few changes here over the years and, on the whole, they have been accepted as the 'norm' within no time. Remember it's only us oldies who will remember the previous layout once all the new eBidders arrive. One thing that I CAN say is that this revamp has, indeed, followed the trends of previous ones... my opinion on that is get as many on here as possible now! I think the eBid boys will always give us longtermers a break during changes but you don't know they are breaks until after the next change

I'm off whip-cracking now - my local neighbourhood seems to be quite interested in my online sales idea - I'm trying to put my entire town on eBid! Pity about the buddy point league

Heed my words of wisdom... make hay while the sun shines LOL
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

I would like to see the new auctions listed, back on the front page and the popular auctions removed, as someone else said if they are popular it means people are searching for them so they don't need that extra bit of advertising that the rest of us do. I had a lot of my listings set to list each day, there isn't any point in me doing the extra work on them now to keep them re-listed every day as no one is going to see them.

Hi buttons. I have said something along those lines on the Gazza ?????? thread.

Hi Laura, I knew i had read it somewhere, I am not too happy at the moment so best keep my gob shut before i get jumped on.

Looks like we both feel the same then. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    I sat until 2am this morning waiting for the changeover just to be sure and I'm glad I did! I have more auctions to list and would really have messed them up by having all my font sizes wrong. I don't think you can alter font size when listing.
    If you use CSS in your listings, you'll be able to change the size and colour of the fonts even after you've uploaded all the listings, by simply editing one file, the CSS file.
    (Do a Google search for 'CSS tutorial' and you should be able to learn what you need in a few hours, it's extremely useful when you've got loads of auctions and need to keep them all looking the same, but want to be able to change font sizes, etc. after uploading them all).

Quote Originally Posted by ladylauraac View Post
    Looks like we both feel the same then. lol.
    I think someone should put a what we don't like list up, Gazza or Mark i mean so they can have all our little gripes in one place.

I like it It looks good.

BUT my auctions have scroll bars top and bottom on the descriptions now which looks naff.
    MY EBID SHOP
    Is full of good stuff !

Quote Originally Posted by funky_fudge_factory View Post
    I like it It looks good.

BUT my auctions have scroll bars top and bottom on the descriptions now which looks naff.
    I agree with you Mell just had a look and they do look naff

Thread Information