eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PAYPAL con trick, watch for it

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh im fed up with PeePal. Ive been with them on Greedbay for over 6 years. Im considering leaving both sites. On Greedbay people buy stuff pay via echeque and you have to wait up to 10 days for that to clear, the buyer complains about that even though you inform them the item is not being sent until payment clears. They leave Neg and whahey your feedback goes down. PeePay is horrendous, everything Ive sold goes out recorded, regardless if its a couple of quid, I add this onto the P&P. They get the item, complain about it one month later and demande payment back when the item was brand new & boxed. I recently sold a router / accesspoint on Greedbay £31 in total, the woman had all relevant info she required, she could have googled for the rest of the info. She brought it and then argued with me that it was an access pooint & not a router, she decided to sell it on Greedbay I reported her because she used my pic & listing. They took it off, then she demanded I refund her in full, I said NO WAY she has used it & she coud have got relevant info from google. Now she has gone to PeePay with all her lies and I added a link onto PeePay so they could check out the info for themselves and see it is a router / access point. But no they have told her to return the item and theyre going to refund her the full amount. So what I did was contact Peepay and told them I have no intention of accepting the item back she may have damaged it, and is now considered used as she had it over a month before complaining. Ive taken my credit card off Peepay and any running auctions left I will be transfering to a lesser account to which once auctions have ended the money will go directly to my account. I have opened up another Peepay account and using that one now. Greedbay & Peepay are horrendous, once both accounts got hacked and they had the ip number from the person who hacked it, they didnt contact police, instead both accounts were suspended and to reinstate them both they demanded, bank statements, passports drivers licence etc etc, I went to a Lawyer and showed them, they said Greedbay & peepay have no legal right to any of those official documents, and beings as theyre based in Northern Ireland they advised me not to send them Fax's or photocopies and the information could be abused and used for illegal reasons. I notifed both parties and they kept sending me Pre written emails. SO I thought sod it, il just open up new accounts. Yes Greedbay is slowing down now, I have noticed lesser items being listed on there, have you noticed recently that EVERY month they have a special offer for listing etc. I remember about a year ago these special offers were few & far between. Now I wonder why that is ???? I would love to relist on ebid but unfortunately they keep messing up my PPPay. As for selling on ebid I found about a eyar ago that half my items werent selling and that people who did buy from me took a hell of a long time to pay and some didnt pay me at all, yet decided to leave me negative in order to make me look bad. Looks like back to the old Bootsales, now theyre ridiculous up to £8.00 to do one of them, and the Government are going to start charging ppl tax for doing car boots as its undecalred earnings, as well as internet auctions. Well what ya know even the g,ment is rocking the boat YET AGAIN !

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=QCPOTS;484835]Just want to bring you up to date with this on going sager
    As you read, this £4,500 was over 5 years and around 600 transactions ,
    My bank details are registered, as that’s where the incoming payments end up,
    We are sending you this notice because you have received more than 4,500.00
    GBP in total payments to your PayPal account.

PayPal is required by law to comply with European Union Anti-Money
    Laundering regulations to collect information from customers when they
    receive more than the set limit in total payments. Please log into your
    account, go to the Account Overview page, and follow the instructions there
    about how to provide the required information. These steps need to be
    completed as soon as possible to comply with this regulation.
    As a result of the above, I asked them to show me the EU DIRECTIVE that they had to comply with.
    AND THEY SENT ME THIS,

PAYPAL, Inc
    DOMESTIC ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING
    AND BANK SECRECY ACT
    COMPLIANCE POLICY
    A very lengthy document, which had no bearings on UK CUSTOMERS AT ALL
    Below is the three thing I was requested to do

9 Feb. 2007 Set up Bank Funding
    Waiting for your response
    9 Feb. 2007 Validate your Account Information Information Submitted
    9 Feb. 2007 Provide Business Information
    Information Submitted

It’s the 1st that I will not do,
    Set up bank funding, as said previous, they have my bank details, paying that amount of money in verifies that its my account,
    And for five years funding my paypal account from my credit card has worked well for me,

THE TRICK IS, ONCE ITS SET UP TO BANK FUNDING, YOU GIVE PERMITION FOR PAYPAL TO TAKE MONEY FROM THE ACCOUNT,
    That applies also to clawbacks, justified or not,
    And unlike a credit card, where you tell them to get the payment back, AND THEY DO,
    This does not happen with bank funding,
    AND my account remains restricted still

IF any one wants to see the full document, PM, me with your email address, and I will send it to you[/QUOTPrint it out take it to Trading standards & the Police, It may be a fraudulent email or if your account is restricted it could be that someone has hacked your account. Take it to the authorities, Mind you whether they do anything or not is beyound me. But I know that Watchdog "Tv programme" are very into Greedbay & Peepay, they have been really rocking the boat on those 2 lately telling how people have been ripped off, and that their customer service is non existant.

Forum Diehard
    View QCPOTS's Feedback (+52)
    All-About QCPOTS
    View QCPOTS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Cocksparrer read the full length version,

Ebay and P/pal would have you believe your MISFORTUNE is RARITY,but it`s not, more and more horror stories by the day,

but this new con, TRYING TO MAKE YOU BELIEVE IN SOME EU DIRECTIVE, on money laudering, must be their lowest trick yet.

I know my account has not been high jacked, and all the mail does come from them, but they are not getting into my bank account,
    set up a new email addie, read to do what you did, but in the mean time just not taking p/pal,
    let them lose the income, if more and more did it, they might want to lissen to the defectors,
    same with ebay, I only list on the SPECIAL listing days,

thats form about 30 listings every month, so again, let them lose the income,, and when the majority of sellers, LEARN ebay needs them, more than the other way round,
    just takes COUPLE OF MONTHS of no listings, and they will feel it,

god bless you my son, keep at it here, as things will get better, then you will look back and say, EBAY, WHO THE F*** ARE EBAY,,,,

EBID free to join,free to list, free to sell,

Hi there,

We have not had any issues registering our Bank Account for payments with PayPal - it's good for us because we don't have to keep a PayPal balance and we earn interest on the money kept in our Bank Account (its a Business Deposit Account and it attracts no service fees).

It might be worth thinking through before abandoning PayPal completely. Plus, where would you go? There are lots of horror stories about NoChex & PPPay in these forums and 2CO (one of the cheaper Credit/Debit Card payment processors) will not authorise its checkout for use on auction sites.

So PayPal might be more than a little frustrating to deal with at times but their service is OK.
    mprcgb

Forum Diehard
    All-About QCPOTS
    View QCPOTS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mprcgb View Post
    Hi there,

We have not had any issues registering our Bank Account for payments with PayPal - it's good for us because we don't have to keep a PayPal balance and we earn interest on the money kept in our Bank Account (its a Business Deposit Account and it attracts no service fees).

It might be worth thinking through before abandoning PayPal completely. Plus, where would you go? There are lots of horror stories about NoChex & PPPay in these forums and 2CO (one of the cheaper Credit/Debit Card payment processors) will not authorise its checkout for use on auction sites.

So PayPal might be more than a little frustrating to deal with at times but their service is OK.
    mprcgb==, the point Iam trying to make, Paypal are trying to FORCE me to register bank account funding, after 5 years as credit card funded, and I was happy with it, NO PROBLEMS,
    BUT to claim it is an EU DIRECTIVE that they must follow,
    IS A LIE, and they know it is,
    I asked them to show me an EU DIRECTIVE which backed up their claim,, and they sent me the document shown previously,
    and that was ALL USA LAWS AND REGS about money laundering, NOTHING what so ever to do with EU, GB,
    when you know, you are being conned, do you just go along with it, I doubt it,
    I would not recommend any one giving paypal a way into their bank account,

good luck to you, and dont forget to pop into my stores,
    get the best collectables there,

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Actually there is an Eu Directive about money laundering, and more recently a third anti-mondey laundering directive has come into focus. it may not be directly aimed at paypal itself, more in general at financial business etc, but it is there.

I have provided my details, i dont have a problem with it, if your upset about it then dont use paypal, but whining, shouting about it will only dmage one person. YOU

Many people use paypal, many as myself havnt had any serious problems with paypal. All your doing is alienating any potential buyers, who have come across from ebay and use paypal..........
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

Talking

[/QUOTE]I have provided my details, i dont have a problem with it, if your upset about it then dont use paypal, but whining, shouting about it will only dmage one person. YOU

Many people use paypal, many as myself havnt had any serious problems with paypal. All your doing is alienating any potential buyers, who have come across from ebay and use paypal..........[/QUOTE]

not true there the people have a right to complain when things do go wrong it doesn't mean they are alienating any potential buyers at all the company are doing that themselves.THE PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW AND COMPLAIN IF THEY SO WISH.

Yup. we not happy with paypal but do we have another option not to use it. I'm from Canada. What is option for me on Ebid?

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Sobo, If you have a look at this site it may help you, it it British based but there is a section on international selling.
    www.ukauctionhelp.co.uk
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Forum Diehard
    All-About QCPOTS
    View QCPOTS's Listings
    Forum Posts

manstomar
    Actually there is an Eu Directive about money laundering, and more recently a third anti-mondey laundering directive has come into focus. it may not be directly aimed at paypal itself, more in general at financial business etc, but it is there.

Would you like to show me, especially the part that says, I MUST FUND MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT

I have provided my details, i dont have a problem with it, if your upset about it then dont use paypal, but whining, shouting about it will only dmage one person. YOU

YOU used tobe a nice guy, now you are turning what I have said about paypal.
    Into something its not,

You say you have provided your bank details, SO HAVE I,
    BUT have you FUNDED you paypal account from you bank,
    IF the answer is YES, I look forward to reading you first IVE BEEN CONNED post,
    When it happens,

Many people use paypal, many as myself havnt had any serious problems with paypal,

(And I think you are well out of date with this one ), many = many more have

brianj1175 ==not true there the people have a right to complain when things do go wrong it doesn't mean they are alienating any potential buyers at all the company are doing that themselves.THE PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW AND COMPLAIN IF THEY SO WISH.

Correct, thanks Brian
    Last edited by QCPOTS; 2nd April 2007 at 10:21 AM.

Thread Information