South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trinaisaac View Post
    Gothchina.Instead of the flashing red R for reserve met,
    why not a static red R for all auctions with reserves,
    that changes to a static green R when the reserve is met.

Then if you don't like reserve auctions you can just pass them by.

A great idea, on a par with those fliers I have downloaded of yours. Thanks for that by the way.
    This is a great idea. I hope it gets read by EBID support!

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    How about leaving things as they are, but making it easier to see if an auction has a reserve when browsing, instead of having to go into the auction?

Instead of the flashing red R for reserve met,
    why not a static red R for all auctions with reserves,
    that changes to a static green R when the reserve is met.

Then if you don't like reserve auctions you can just pass them by.
    I think I like this ---- The reason I said I think is because I am not sure what a static color is. But I definitely like the red R changing to a green R when the reserve is met.

I feel like the reserve on eBid is not of a lot of value but I don't want to see the option removed. The reserve on feebay (and thank God this is not feebay) has often been a valuable tool. Because I normally used it on feebay, that is the way I started listing on eBid and soon found out bidding is not a big thing on eBid so I have removed almost all if not all of my reserves.

I don't want the option removed because I don't want new eBiders to not list just because they don't have that option and I am concerned that they may not stay long enough to find out a lot of times it is not that useful on eBid.

Sometimes having an apparently useless option is better than not having it at all if the newcomer doesn't realize it is useless.

Though it doesn't pertain to the reserve I would like to say I very much appreciate the way people on this forum jumps in to help out those who are in need.

Regards,
    Peggy
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Wakefield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View nobrassband's Feedback (+1072)
    All-About nobrassband
    View nobrassband's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Or even a red R for a reserve auction that dissapears when it is met, that may even encourage more bidders and make the site look as though it's worth listing on.
    Seconded. Especially a non-blinking 'R'!

Books and More from nobrassband

~~~
    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
    (Isaac Asimov)

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Peggy.
    You may be right that is as not a lot of vale, but as I said in a earlier post, when you are new to a site with little feedback it can act as a carrot for buyers to take a closer look, Since putting the reserve I do have more lookers if not buyers at the moment. But I think that is more due to the higher cost designer clothing I sell. I just need to find a way of getting the buyers for this type of items across to here. Rather than to sell them on the other site. ( how I wish I could of brought my other feedback with me). Sellers of high items on the other site do rue the changing of the reserve price to £50 on the other site, taking away the safety blanket. the .com site still as the lower reserve price. I plan to leave them here a while, see if it works out, as I would really love to see this site come on, especially after all the hard work the boys have put in. love their customer service. if not then consider moving them on else where.

View thisnthatz's Feedback (+31)
    All-About thisnthatz
    View thisnthatz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cause I use the bulk upload method I just make the reserve the same as my start bid. Probably why I have the flashing 'R' on all my auctions. Wondered what that was. Thought it was repost. Ohhh, dear, not been very bright really.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trinaisaac View Post
    Peggy.
    You may be right that is as not a lot of vale, but as I said in a earlier post, when you are new to a site with little feedback it can act as a carrot for buyers to take a closer look, Since putting the reserve I do have more lookers if not buyers at the moment. But I think that is more due to the higher cost designer clothing I sell. I just need to find a way of getting the buyers for this type of items across to here. Rather than to sell them on the other site. ( how I wish I could of brought my other feedback with me). Sellers of high items on the other site do rue the changing of the reserve price to £50 on the other site, taking away the safety blanket. the .com site still as the lower reserve price. I plan to leave them here a while, see if it works out, as I would really love to see this site come on, especially after all the hard work the boys have put in. love their customer service. if not then consider moving them on else where.
    Hi trinaisaac,

I agree with you and I can without a doubt say that many times having a low starting bid and a reserve got me a lot of better sales on feebay and I wish it would work for me on eBid. Since I sell collectibles they are a slow mover anyway and the lower starting price would help get interest by dangling that carrot. I do wish I had the same result on eBid but I because I don't have to pay eBid just to let them set in my store for people to browse through I can afford to put them on at a price I have to have and wait for the sale.

I don't want the reserve option taken away as I think it is better to have the choice to use it or not. I realize some buyers don't like it but they can also choose to use it or not.

I personally don't mind bidding on an item with a reserve because if the reserve is in my price range I will buy it the same as I would buy it with a set in price in my price range. If the price is not in my price range I will not buy it either way.

I wish you well and please don't give up as I feel eBid is going to keep getting better. If needed list both places but keep your foot in eBid's door.

Best Wishes,
    Peggy
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Thread Information