Thread: Closing auctions on front page

Forum Lurker
    Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Jays's Feedback (+194)
    All-About Jays
    View Jays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Closing auctions on front page

I've tried to find a thread on this to no avail. So here goes, I have noticed that the items included in the closing auctions section of the front page seem to mainly focus on one to three sellers, usually all selling within the same category. Bearing in mind new visitors might be looking at that to judge what is readily available in the whole of the closing auctions categories, is it possible to limit the usual 8 - 10 items to be from different selling categories. For example, a few minutes ago, the 7 available closing auction items included 4 from 1 seller. The remaining 3 were from 2 different sellers, but all seven were in the same selling categories.
    I appreciate that it depends on what is actually listed to end in a specific timeframe, but widening the categories, if at all possible, would be appreciated.
    What do people think?
    Regards,
    J
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Jays-Collectables-and-Gifts

Forum Lurker
    View Dianekmt's Feedback (+221)
    All-About Dianekmt
    View Dianekmt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

G'day From OZ,
    I am one of the sellers who's listings are often on the frontpage of the Australian ebid site, and although I am happy about that, because I put a lot of effort into building up my store, I do see your point. Not everyone wants a piece of my Pharoahs Phakes Egyptian jewellery, and if that is all they see when they first get to the frontpage, it may be off putting.....

I do not however want to list my auctions for longer times at present, because as a relative newbie, I want my stuff to be seen by as many people as possible!

I think that increasing the minimum time for running normal auctions to 3 days has helped, but what I really think would solve the problem, and encourage people to look further than the front page, would be (and maybe it is a big ask), if the opening and closing auctions on the frontpage moved in real time, instead of staying static for so long........
    Any Comments??????
    Diane.

CUSTOM DESIGNED BANNERS FOR EBID STORES:
    http://au.ebid.net/stores/Logo-Motif
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information