Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: buddy list system & non paying bidders

Gazza,

Somewhere in the system there must be a count of how many active auctions are running in each store. It probably isn't a trivial fix, but adding some code to control the "inclusion" of stores in the "Buy" lists if this count is not zero would hide the empty stores. I think functionality to display if not empty, rather than hide if empty, should be easier to implement.

I'm happy to discuss this off-line if necessary.

....hollandnumerics (seller and software developer!)

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    I agree with Gothicina on all that she has said and I do think steps need to be taken solve these situations some by the seller and some by the bidder but some need to be by eBid.

What makes it hard is that eBid tends to put a strike through and remove bids without even contacting the buyer or giving them a chance. I have had this situation four times since I have started listing on eBid and it has been my experience that the buyer gets a strike through their ID and their bids removed without even getting an email alerting them that something is wrong, however as a seller I got an email for the first two (I don't know about the second two as I am no longer getting any emails from or through eBid) telling me the bids had been pulled and they had concerns over the bidders intentions. If they could send me as a seller an email why couldn't they send a bidder one too instead of just letting them find out they can no longer log into their account and struggle with trying to find out why. I feel there could be more consideration for the bidders which I feel are desperately needed on eBid.

Sorry for this bit of negativity as I do try to remain very positive about eBid but I do see this as a real problem.

Regards,
    Peggy
    I agree. The rate of removed buyers is unbelievable high.
    I had some 3 experiences recently. You have barely time to look at the data and the buyer is already crossed out. I had not a single experience like that on ebay, over a much longer time and and on significantly more sales.
    I believe a slower process would be better. How dangerous can the buyers be? Any incoming payment would be thoroughly checked, based on long established criteria. Also, the items ordered make me doubt that they were fraudulent orders.

Forum Lurker
    View Dianekmt's Feedback (+221)
    All-About Dianekmt
    View Dianekmt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation Garry And Mark Please Do Something Urgently

Hello again from Australia,
    EXACTLY !!!
    How dangerous can the buyers be????

We aren't children, surely we can cope if a bidder doesn't pay. It is no more of an annoyance than finding your bidder has been struck out, even before they are given the chance to pay.

In about ten months, all but one of my 'sales' have resulted in the buyer being removed and subsequently becoming a non payer. And I never receive anything but closed auction, and relisted auction, emails from eBid.

Something is very wrong with the email system at ebid.
    Something is definitely wrong with the way eBid cancels accounts.
    There is a fault(s) in the system which needs fixing URGENTLY, if this site is ever to be true competition for the dreaded ebay.

This site has many positive aspects, and enormous potential. But potential is no good, when nothing has changed to solve a problem that has apparently existed for years.

GARRY AND MARK PLEASE DO SOMETHING AS A MATTER OF URGENCY!!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Dianekmt View Post
    Hello again from Australia,
    EXACTLY !!!
    How dangerous can the buyers be????

We aren't children, surely we can cope if a bidder doesn't pay. It is no more of an annoyance than finding your bidder has been struck out, even before they are given the chance to pay.

In about ten months, all but one of my 'sales' have resulted in the buyer being removed and subsequently becoming a non payer. And I never receive anything but closed auction, and relisted auction, emails from eBid.

Something is very wrong with the email system at ebid.
    Something is definitely wrong with the way eBid cancels accounts.
    There is a fault(s) in the system which needs fixing URGENTLY, if this site is ever to be true competition for the dreaded ebay.

This site has many positive aspects, and enormous potential. But potential is no good, when nothing has changed to solve a problem that has apparently existed for years.

GARRY AND MARK PLEASE DO SOMETHING AS A MATTER OF URGENCY!!

Diane, what ISP do you use, as that's been identified as the problem with the emails? I know that Bigpond seems to have issues with some UK mail, my ISP is with blueyonder & I've had problems sending mail to bigpond users for a couple of years now, as they are regularly blocked. From what Gazza has said mail is sent from different servers so it could be the ones that send out closed/relisting mail are from servers that are allowed & the others from those who aren't.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Lurker
    View Dianekmt's Feedback (+221)
    All-About Dianekmt
    View Dianekmt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,
    I am glad that eBid has been able to identify the cause of the email problem. I am just about to trial a bigpond email service, but I have always been with optusnet until now. It will be interesting to see if my email situation changes!
    Thanks for bothering to answer.

Diane :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Newbie
    View pennysgirl's Feedback (+284)
    All-About pennysgirl
    View pennysgirl's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have at least four non paying bidders every month, two this month have put they paid through pppay.com, but never verified, however I have not been able to report non paying bidder as this option goes when they put they have paid, I do inform ebid and reclaim my fees, p.s how do I get my picture on the side of messages and in this box!
    Fluff
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Library

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybunnytails View Post
    I have at least four non paying bidders every month, two this month have put they paid through pppay.com, but never verified, however I have not been able to report non paying bidder as this option goes when they put they have paid, I do inform ebid and reclaim my fees, p.s how do I get my picture on the side of messages and in this box!
    Fluff
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Library
    Hi Fluff ,

Add an Avatar by going to 'User CP' on the blue bar top left, go to 'Edit Avatar' (left panel), and then click 'Use Custom Avatar'. Then use 'Option 2' to upload a photo from your PC. Remember "The maximum size of your custom image is 150 by 150 pixels or 10.0 KB (whichever is smaller)."

eBid will almost certainly refund any NPB fees, when you contact them to report a NPB, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Best wishes, Simon / rupert691.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

Forum Newbie
    View pennysgirl's Feedback (+284)
    All-About pennysgirl
    View pennysgirl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lightbulb Thanks

Thanks, have tried that, most of my pictures too big, will have to practice, Fluff

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

It looks good! Nice one!

Simon / rupert691.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

I like it too.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Thread Information