My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Reborn Babies

Smile Reborn Babies

hi I both collect and create reborn babies..there are lots for sale on evilbay-please could we have a reborn baby category??

Quote Originally Posted by cnatasha5 View Post
    hi I both collect and create reborn babies..there are lots for sale on evilbay-please could we have a reborn baby category??
    I think you'll find there already is a category
    http://uk.ebid.net/scat-6203.php

Dolls & Bears > Dolls > Reborn
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Oh thankyou- will tell my reborning friends to get themselves over here!!

I had never come across these things until the other day they freak me out a little bit if i am honest

Red face Reborns.........

I must admit I was a bit freaked out myself when I saw my first one.I now am completely hooked.You can see some examples of my work on my website
    http://glimpseofheavenrebornnursery.piczo.com

Please take a look-hope it changes your mind....

I dont fully understand it to be honest are they of actual babies ?

Red face reborn babies

No hun,they are not models of actual babies or meant to represent babies that have passed on...they are simply dolls which reborners try to make appear as beautiful and lifelike as possible.Its all about the painting of the vinyl,rooting of the hair and the dressing up in cute baby clothes.We have 'nurserys'which babies can be adopted from.I think the nursery idea started in the states with the cabbage patch dolls.

I know some people have real problems accepting reborning as an art form-but thats all it is.Its nothing dark or scary and we are not trying to replace a baby but to create the most beautiful dolls-basically you either like them or you dont.The vinyl kits these days are so advanced that the babies produced are on a par with the models made for madamme tussauds than dolls-its all about creating realism and believe it or not us reborners dont think it odd at all!!! as I say you either like them or you dont

Oh right thank you for explaining i first came across them a few weeks ago and it was so life like it did scare me a little as it looked like a stuffed baby (no offence i value your work) but now i understand im not so scared of them lol

Red face reborn dolls

Thats ok...have a lovely day x

Thread Information