eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does RM refund postage if items go missing?

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View julesjems's Feedback (+66)
    All-About julesjems
    View julesjems's Listings
    Forum Posts

i made a claim and you dont get the postage repaid, but saying that you didnt pay for the postage, the buyer did, so its them that lose out really not you!
    http://mr-jingles.ebid.net/

JULESJEMS............A DIAMOND OF A STORE

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+90)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've never made a claim but can anyone say if you get your packaging cash back ?

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View julesjems's Feedback (+66)
    All-About julesjems
    View julesjems's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

now theres a thought. id claim for that if package was used, as that would bump the postage up!jules
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    http://mr-jingles.ebid.net/

JULESJEMS............A DIAMOND OF A STORE

Forum Lurker
    View artlandish's Feedback (+19)
    All-About artlandish
    View artlandish's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by julesjems View Post
    i made a claim and you dont get the postage repaid, but saying that you didnt pay for the postage, the buyer did, so its them that lose out really not you!
    Not if you have to do a full refund or send a replacement item to the buyer. If you had to refund the buyer, then you lose on the original postage and have to fork out postage to send the item again. Double whammy.

From what I see, RM seems to judge it on a case by case basis! Some peeps seem to get the postage back, others don't.

Forum Newbie
    View hgsl's Feedback (+28)
    All-About hgsl
    View hgsl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default adding insult to injury really...

Sadly I have rather a lot of experience on this - the mail manages to lose or damage about 10 parcels of mine a month. The most recent one was found in a ditch outside Preston and was actually delivered to my customer by the finder! The mail won't refund p&p - only the goods value. Note anything charged for as p&p - it's not just the postage you paid they won't refund you. We don't bother trying to claim for anything under a tenner as it takes that long to do the two page form (with all the info and bits of paper they require). They will ask for a paypal statement/bank statement, the auction details and your email etc as well as proof of posting. Their customer services line is a complete joke. We tried to make a complaint and it went to a machine 'we are unavailble' and killed the call. One of the main problems is the level of fraud associated with auction type sites. The mail have an entire team dedicated to Feepay. The really bad news is that all the other 'mail' outfits, eg TNT etc, use the royal mail - so you've no other place to turn really for the smaller stuff.

If you're selling a lot then I'd recommend insurance. If not, I'd take it on the chin for small items or maybe send them recorded, more expense I know. Other than that, we just need to see it as an occupational hazard I guess.

The post office never refund postage and the regulator doesant want to know.
    The only good thing i get refunded the invoice price which isnt my cost price so sometimes i break even, but with the time involved its a pain.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo750 View Post
    Interesting..

What if you put "free p+p" in all your listings but hide the p+p costs in with the cost of the item.

Would they refund the full whack then ?
    I include p&p in my auctions.If you buy something from me Jimbo then pretend it didn't arrive we could try it out, 'cause I would claim the full amount!
    Other readers of this post,please be aware this is a joke!

I've been quite lucky so far in 3 years of on-line trading and (touch wood) only had one item not arrived.

Also it was to one of my regulars so she was quite happy to complete the questionaire that RM sent her.

To my surprise I got a full refund including the postage I had paid.

Sue x

Quote Originally Posted by scanjet1954 View Post
    The last time I had to put in a claim for a missing package I had to attach a copy of the invoice and I was only refunded for the cost of the item and not the postage.
    Scanjet... nothing to do with this thread at all, but something I have been meaning to say for a while - I just love your avator

Sue x

Thread Information