Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sell stuff you don't have

Angry Sell stuff you don't have

I recently bought a Playstation 3 (60GB version) for £379.99.
    The seller then told me he didn't have any and would give me a refund.
    This didn't happen, but 3 weeks later, Paypal have just told me the dispute has been settled in my favour and I'm due a refund of £145.

What a great way to make money!!

The seller isn't answering his emails or phone calls. Paypal are impossible to get hold of by phone and when I do anything on line or by email they just tell me the case is closed and my refund (£145) is pending.

So the seller, tauruselec, is left with over £200 profit and I, the weakest link, leave with.......nothing.

Looks like I'm going to have to take the unenviable route of getting solicitors involved and taking things to court. I just wondered if anyone has any advice or has encountered a similar situation.

If you paid by credit card you may have a way back through that.
    I think the time has come for people selling expensive items need to be vetted stricter , even depositing a bond may be the only answer .

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

This seller also sells on ebay. he has a reasonbable feedback record on ebay and had some positives on ebid too. although rather worryingly I found this ebay review!
    http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/BEWARE-BUY...00000004660774

OP the seller has a website adverisied on his 'all about' page - and there is a contact telephone number on the website. It might be worth phoning the seller direct to find out why paypal has only refunded part of your payment- and how he plans to refund the remainder!
    His website is www.taurusselec.co.uk

The seller has one negative on ebid just now, a second neg in a row would put his account under review- but if the ebay review is correct. EBID support might want to review things a bit earlier. I recommend you email them on support@ebid.tv and give them a link to this thread

Forum Newbie
    All-About FertileEarth
    View FertileEarth's Listings
    Forum Posts

sounds like he's a drop shipper. but a dishonest one. I am so sorry. I hate people who make the good ones look bad and not to beable to trust.

Exactly same thing happened with me on E-Bay however the money was only £3.40 so i ignored it and never trusted ebay again. i m looking forward to ebid i hope things which are happening to other dont happen to me because this time i have paid alot of money.
    Such dishonestly. It says what goes around comes around. nyway i am so sorry about wht happened with you.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Sakazmi & a huge welcome to ebid!!

I've just picked up on "because this time I have paid a lot of money".

Are you at all concerned about something you have bought?
    If you are, pls post up the auction ID number.. & it might give some clues.

If there's a problem, it's better that admin know about it sooner rather than later.

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sakazmi View Post
    Exactly same thing happened with me on E-Bay however the money was only £3.40 so i ignored it and never trusted ebay again. i m looking forward to ebid i hope things which are happening to other dont happen to me because this time i have paid alot of money.
    Such dishonestly. It says what goes around comes around. nyway i am so sorry about wht happened with you.
    Sakazmi it's not ebid or ebay you shouldn't trust. it's suspicious sellers. sadly they are everywhere! BUT they can be easily avoided. On these forums, and on the ebid help pages there are lots and lots of good tips on how to avoid bad sellers. The easiest is checking the sellers feedback rating, How have other customers rated the seller?.

Biggar, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View Honehe's Feedback (+77)
    All-About Honehe
    View Honehe's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think his website is down cos I tried to go there and it said page cannot be displayed.
    Birthdays are good for you - statistics show that those who have the most live the longest.

Forum Newbie
    View GameZone's Feedback (+1)
    All-About GameZone
    View GameZone's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just looking at that link from hannaholly £299 pounds for a WII!!! I get them a lot cheaper direct from my supplier I just have to save up to buy one from them and then sell it on here. I do have a question about dropshipping which is on another thread.

Thankyou "OnlyTheVeryBest"
    well i have bought a dual sim mobile phone from "MyPhones""Andy" so far he got one positive feedback. and plus its only been 2 days. so i am still not worried yet because he already said that it will take 5-15 days however i have been trying to be in touch with him through email. Havent received an answer yet so i m going to wait 15 days by that time i m not panicing and niether i m worried. :-) i m telling this because as u said should tell sooner before its too late or get in trouble :-)
    and yes you are right Hannaholly however it happened twice with my brother and plus ebay is been scammed and 55 million peoples on this site you can even check "http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/2564725.stm" thats why i am lacking my trust on ebay. :-)
    Last edited by sakazmi; 28th December 2007 at 02:39 PM.

Thread Information