My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Auctions Removed and no explanation

Angry Auctions Removed and no explanation

After spending several hours this morning adding and updating auctions on my ebid auction shop, they have all been pulled without any explanation, they did have emulators and roms on the cd's but were all programmed with a menu system to allow easy usage, plus the roms were not illegal, or from up to date consoles or computer systems...

An explanation of why they were pulled would have been nice, or maybe a mail saying that if my cd's / dvds include this or that then they will be pulled, it just seems the same as Ebay in that no explananation has been given, or help to sort out any problems.

I have been using Ebid for several months, with these auctions in my shop and have been very happy with the service despite very slow trade, now this happens and it has dented my faith in online auction sites all together, it seems you can't try and make a little bit of money any more without somebody stopping you.

Graham

Quote Originally Posted by gandresaints View Post
    After spending several hours this morning adding and updating auctions on my ebid auction shop, they have all been pulled without any explanation, they did have emulators and roms on the cd's but were all programmed with a menu system to allow easy usage, plus the roms were not illegal, or from up to date consoles or computer systems...

An explanation of why they were pulled would have been nice, or maybe a mail saying that if my cd's / dvds include this or that then they will be pulled, it just seems the same as Ebay in that no explananation has been given, or help to sort out any problems.

I have been using Ebid for several months, with these auctions in my shop and have been very happy with the service despite very slow trade, now this happens and it has dented my faith in online auction sites all together, it seems you can't try and make a little bit of money any more without somebody stopping you.

Graham
    Hi Graham, sorry to hear that did they break eBid's Listing Rules they are much stricter than feebay's?
    It could be
    Recopied media

Copies, dubs, duplicates, or transfers of books, music, videos, software, images, etc., are prohibited. Just as you cannot sell a photocopied book without the author's permission, you cannot sell copies or duplicates of videos, music, video games, software, photos, etc. Likewise, you cannot sell transferred media--whether laserdisc to video, CD-ROM to cassette tape, or from the Internet to any digital format--unless explicitly approved by the author

I suggest you email support support@ebid.tv & ask for some clarification.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Newbie
    View GameZone's Feedback (+1)
    All-About GameZone
    View GameZone's Listings
    Forum Posts

Graham has just highlighted why is auctions where pulled, it is fact illegal to sell copyed games. Graham was selling ROMS or copys of console games not the original carts that these games come on, via blank DVD. Even if the console or computer are no longer in production a lot of firms will still see it as illegal to sale discounted games. Of course one of ebid rules all media MUST be of original source, so that be why his adverts got pulled

But similar auctions to mine are for sale on Ebay and Ebid, yet mine have been pulled, not sure why they have been chosen but others are allowed to sell the same thing (and alot dearer)

Graham

But similar auctions to mine are for sale on Ebay and Ebid, yet mine have been pulled, not sure why they have been chosen but others are allowed to sell the same thing (and alot dearer)

Graham
    Just because someone else breaks the rules, that doesn't entitle you to do the same.

I agree that an explanation in such cases would be courteous, however looking at it from the other side of the coin we are all warned to ensure that our listings are compliant with the site's rules.

I can imagine the nightmare admin overhead of having to compose individual explanatory notes in each case, which would slow response to removal of wrong listings, and raise the site's costs - an additional cost burden that would have to be borne by those who DO follow the rules.
    Why use QWERTY? Get Broadband for your Fingers with Dvorak SKL!

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Graham
    If you are aware of these auctions on here (ebays auctions are irrelevant) then you need to report them.I would imagine that this is what happened in your case.

Forum Newbie
    All-About GameZone
    View GameZone's Listings
    Forum Posts

sdk has made a good point it would slow down the respone of pulling adverts and maybe also add more cost to this service we use.

Regarding other auctions graham that maybe still running on ebid, bluebedouin has hit it on the head like ebay, ebid relays on its members to police the site. Someone has come across your advert, realised you was running auctions against Ebid rules, so reported the auction and thus your auctions got pulled. No doubt the others if found will be pulled once reported.

Forum Newbie
    View percyssss's Feedback (+70)
    All-About percyssss
    View percyssss's Listings
    Forum Posts

Although it would cost more money and time to give a reason why an auction was pulled. One of the complaints about ebay is that they don't give a reason why the auction was pulled. Obviously time was spent on determining if the auction broke the rules and it would not take long to put this in typing. It might save time, because I know that when ebay pull my auctions I always spend time emailing support asking why it was pulled and each time they have to answer my question. Of course they never tell me the reason the auction was pulled, only tell me it was pulled because it broke their rules with a link to the rules.

This leaves the seller having to guess if the actual item is the problem, or the way it has been advertised. So they end up breaking the rules again because they are not sure what they have done wrong and end up getting suspended.

I would like to see ebay have competition from ebid, but I would not want another ebay where the sellers are suspended unfairly and can never get any answers.

Were they duplicate listings, because they get pulled.

Took me a while to work out when listing 5 items the same to finish at differant times only one would show in listings.

Forum Newbie
    All-About GameZone
    View GameZone's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    Were they duplicate listings, because they get pulled.

Took me a while to work out when listing 5 items the same to finish at differant times only one would show in listings.
    If advert is pulled you can look at the FAQ support pages and that will give you some idea why your advert has been pulled by avoiding these reasons you shouldnt have any problem. Also have a loook at the report auction feature next to every advert that till we give you reasons why your auction as been pulled.
    The Nintendo DS Zone your Ebid shop for all your DS games

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/THE-NINTENDO-DS-ZONE

Thread Information