eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: eBay announced fee, business reg, feedback etc changes........

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Excellent news! I thought the window of opportunity for alt auction sites might be closing, but now it's been thrown wide open. Glad I've been investing my effort in the right place.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

i put a link to the business seller news bit- but haven't seen the new stuff on fees or feedback. anyone got links handy?

Well, as a Buyer who has had 3 undeserved retaliatory Negs from Sellers, one of whom only got a Neutral from me, I'm glad they are finally going to stop retaliatory negs. I did nothing wrong, they screwed up, and retaliated. I agree that Sellers should have the right to name and shame NPB's, but others just took the p*** .
    Look at this for instance.
    http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...eived+by;v=os1
    She left me a retalliatory Neg and tried to blackmail me into mutually withdrawing FB. I had to go through PayPal system to get a refund, and was out of pocket because I had to pay the return postage. She then had the nerve to demand £10 for the money she lost in sending me the wrong item and threatened me with a strike through if I didn't pay her. I forwarded it to Ebay, but the Neg is still on my FB. She is still selling on Ebay despite 485 Negs and 631 mutually withdrawn FB. i.e. that really means 1,116 Negs.

View onlinegifts's Feedback (+501)
    All-About onlinegifts
    View onlinegifts's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't like the idea of the seller not being able to neg as I am going through hell at the moment with a buyer, and with paypals help I am going to end up with a damaged item (was not damaged when I sold it)and loss of money, with the new rules I will not be able to warn others of his actions and he can do it over and over again to other sellers. I will neg before the change comes in..lol but it will not help me for the next idiot.
    99% of buyers are great and I know from experiance that I have been negged for leaving negs, most of my negs on ebay are from this type of seller, but at least the 12 mth rule will eliminate these forever!! and untill my new idiot leaves a neg I'll be at 100%!!!.
    I wish Ebid had more buyers as I had to return to Ebay to clear out my clutter as it was not selling here. sold 100 items in just over a month and these items did not move for months on here :>(.
    I will be listing again on here soon currently working on my spread sheet but everything is on hold now till the baby is born...due in 10 days.
    Anyway hello to everyone and will be back on here again soon as a regular.
    night night

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmist View Post
    Well, as a Buyer who has had 3 undeserved retaliatory Negs from Sellers, one of whom only got a Neutral from me, I'm glad they are finally going to stop retaliatory negs. I did nothing wrong, they screwed up, and retaliated. I agree that Sellers should have the right to name and shame NPB's, but others just took the p*** .
    She left me a retalliatory Neg and tried to blackmail me into mutually withdrawing FB. I had to go through PayPal system to get a refund, and was out of pocket because I had to pay the return postage. She then had the nerve to demand £10 for the money she lost in sending me the wrong item and threatened me with a strike through if I didn't pay her. I forwarded it to Ebay, but the Neg is still on my FB. She is still selling on Ebay despite 485 Negs and 631 mutually withdrawn FB. i.e. that really means 1,116 Negs.
    That's a good point. My only two negs oin ebay are retaliatoiry negs from poor sellers. I have mixed views on this issue

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

i have had 24 negs in 7 years selling and 3 of those were from buying from power sellers i have 3059 pos feedback so i can`t be that bad a seller lol sometimes you leave a neutral and get negged back thats only thing wrong with the system

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmist View Post
    that is disgusting fb and should have been booted

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Glad I stopped my greedbay account ages ago. I used to pay high fees at the end of the month & when you add up how much it costs to list sell & FVF, to what you have allegedly earnt, I found I wasnt getting enough to consider any profit at all. I would pay out approx on a month £300 in fees inc peepal, & I would end up with less than £150 - £200. So at the end of the day I would be losing more that I would be gaining. As for the new fb for sellers bad idea, I agree it leaves a big hole in the system & buyers will KNOW damn well that they can ruin a sellers fb by lying & know they wont get a comeback. Bad move.

Dragonmist retalitory fb can be given on any auction site, I should know as I have some fibs in my FB. But this doesnt concern me too much as I know & so do they who was in the wrong in the first place . Wasnt me.

Well Cocksparrer, on Ebid you can ask for obviously retaliatory FB to be removed. That is something that Ebay wouldn't do. It did bother me. OK, I'm only a Buyer, but I always pay promptly, and always leave good FB where it is merited. I recently left a neutral because I paid for an item which I didn't receive. I did finally get a refund as she had sold an item she didn't have. That's fraud in my book. She left a Neutral for me with the comment "Unfortunate", which makes it look like I had done something wrong. I asked about it and she said it was because I had refused a refund? I wasn't offered one, I had to chase after it. I can't get that removed any more than the Negs I got. I should have still had 100% positive FB. There are always spiteful s*ds out to spoil your FB though, even on here.

Thread Information