eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Export listings additional functionality

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up Export listings additional functionality

Export listings additional functionality- is great!

From my open listings i can now export all listings, all listings for one store, all listings for a category within a store etc.. Edit them in excel (e.g to update postage or shipping) then use the bulk upload function to upload my edits. This evening i've set up some new store catagories and edited/moved around about 300 of my listings.

Now I feel confident enough to recatagorise all my postcard listings!
    Thanks very much G & M- this enhancement has double thumbs up from me.

This looks v interesting. When you upload them, do they replace those auctions, or do they add new auctions (so you have to find and manually delete the old ones)?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

You have to delete the 'old ones- but they're already on the page you just exported from- so keep that page open untill you've uploaded your edits- then go back to the exported page and 'select all' then 'delete'

If you think a couple of duplicates might have happened. sort all your live listings into alpha order and scroll through them - you'll be able to delete any duplicates by using the tick box.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

That is useful.

Has anyone else noticed the links to other shops (with logo) down the side of every shop page? It looks good. I'm wondering if I should have choosen different colours for each shop logo now.

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just noticed the Logo (I only have the two shops) Kedo, its a nice touch, when I made most of the logos for Bloxbooks I used a border colour that would match the background so I could have rounded corners but I used one of those colours with 0s Fs and # and always got the shade wrong....but I suppose making a logo was a bit of a creative proccess...
    I still have a collection of logos Here I must tidy up some of them did'nt turn out quite right.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello Blox

Creative process? You must have spent a week on them! My effort was just ten minutes in Photoshop.

I've been working on my 'All About' page (it's only taken a year and a half), have you looked at that? I had a bit of a panic as it pops up in the first few results for Dockerills on Google. As I always tell people just Google Dockerills if you want to find me I thought I'd better tidy it up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    You have to delete the 'old ones- but they're already on the page you just exported from- so keep that page open untill you've uploaded your edits- then go back to the exported page and 'select all' then 'delete'

If you think a couple of duplicates might have happened. sort all your live listings into alpha order and scroll through them - you'll be able to delete any duplicates by using the tick box.

Thanks Hanna, I think that advice is going to be ever so useful for me. Presumably the export file, although it could be imported to Excel, is a comma delimited .csv file? In which case that would be great, I could make global edits to it very easily in all kinds of ways.

[later] I just tried it. Not comma delimited, .tsv (which I've never heard of) but is nice ascii text and should be a breeze to process. BRILLIANT, GAZZA & MARK many thanks.

If anyone wants some little programs to process such files in ways they can't easily do otherwise, I'm open to ideas (no charge of course).
    Last edited by johnwash1; 30th January 2008 at 12:10 PM.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information