Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Ebay Hello Ebid

Default Goodbye Ebay Hello Ebid

Hi Everyone. The name is frank and after almost 4 years with ebay I can no longer afford to trade there. I found ebid after looking around and joined a few days ago with a seller+ lifetime subscription. I expect and will allow at least 6 months to work on selling through Ebid and would hope that I have done the right thing. I am keeping my ebay store running at the moment but will be bringing over my 300+ listings as I wind it down as well as listing all new stock on Ebid. I honestly think Ebay has run its course and from what I have seen here This is a up and coming site so have high hopes of being succesfull here.
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

My Daily Journal : my Daily Blog " Living with Dermatomyositis

Years Gone By My Genealogy and Family History store

Hi Frank,

Welcome to eBid, like you I had been with feepay for 4 years and had had enough, I also took out the Lifetime subscription, but unlike you I will give it a lifetime here rather than 6 months, as the way I see it my monthly fees to ebay were twice the cost of the Lifetime subscription over here, so I shall list everything I have here, if it sells it sells if it doesn't I am losing nothing, Oh yes 2 weeks of feepay fees!

Good luck with your sales.

Quote Originally Posted by stamperuk View Post
    Hi Everyone. The name is frank and after almost 4 years with ebay I can no longer afford to trade there. I found ebid after looking around and joined a few days ago with a seller+ lifetime subscription. I expect and will allow at least 6 months to work on selling through Ebid and would hope that I have done the right thing. I am keeping my ebay store running at the moment but will be bringing over my 300+ listings as I wind it down as well as listing all new stock on Ebid. I honestly think Ebay has run its course and from what I have seen here This is a up and coming site so have high hopes of being succesfull here.
    From one newbie to another, welcome on board!

Forum Lurker
    View MrsMuffy's Feedback (+199)
    All-About MrsMuffy
    View MrsMuffy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to all three of you, Please don't forget to email all your old customers to tell them where you are and when you send out your febay parcels, put a note in to remind them that they can buy at Ebid. Things are slower here than febay, but if everybody works to get the word out that there is an auction site alternative, this place should be buzzing soon.
    Good luck with your sales.
    Spaceman 76 Don't forget to put a link at the bottom of your posts so that it easy for forum members to have a look at your goodies
    Do you need some wicks for your oil lamp or paraffin heater? then Why not visit my Ebid store http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Mouse-Trap

If you are not a member of Ebid,and wish to join please press this linkhttp://uk.ebid.net/buddy/265598

Welcome all, and good luck.
    As a matter of interest are there any numbers showing how many new members have joined since the latest round of Ebay peeing people off ?

As a matter of interest are there any numbers showing how many new members have joined since the latest round of Ebay peeing people off ?

I know the auction listings have been steadily increasing but I would be interested in knowing how many registered newbies there are too... I'm one!!
    What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters compared to what lies within us. ~~Henry David Thoreau

http://us.ebid.net/stores/Connies-Closet

Forum Lurker
    View zapit65's Feedback (+57)
    All-About zapit65
    View zapit65's Listings
    Forum Posts

From another newbie, Welcome aboard! So far I have found this to be a much friendlier place. I am just a small time beginning seller and I just couldn't justify the ongoing fees over at feebay anymore. I will probably still have a few things listed there but my store will be here. And I am definitely directing everybody to come over here. I have found it to take me longer to get things listed here but I'll get it done eventually.

Best regards....

Hello to all ex-eBayers!! I use eBay only for auctions where I think there will be multiple bids and at the moment have only 3 or 4 items on there - for 5 years I kept a rolling minimum of around 100 items at any one time and, as someone else has mentioned, my monthly fees were more than a lifetime sub on here.

I did bring a couple of previous customers with me and it has paid off!! Get the feedback and you will get the sales - best way is to buy a few items here to get the ball rolling.

The boards are helpful and fun! (unlike the other place which I see is like a controlled ghost-town). I see no future for eBay but I see a big future for eBid and have noticed my own sales increasing here during the last couple of months due to the new people coming over. Long may it continue!! :

If eBid retains the vallues of the original, but now defunct, eBay then it will do well !!!

But be patient and post on the boards here as often as you can to you get known.

Good luck to all!!! There is nothing to lose

Quote Originally Posted by frothy_edal View Post
    Hello to all ex-eBayers!! I use eBay only for auctions where I think there will be multiple bids and at the moment have only 3 or 4 items on there
    Yes, I do the same - if I have things like 2nd hand games. Unfortunately, there are not enough views to get bidding wars on here most of the time. Also, it is a good idea to keep some listings running over there as it gives you an opportunity to put eBid flyers in your parcels and even mention that they can buy things a bit cheaper over here as you don't have to add on fees to your listing price.

Welcome all newbies!

View lynxy's Feedback (+18)
    All-About lynxy
    View lynxy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi & Welcome Frank.
    I too have had enough of Greedbay.Came over here a month back. Ebid is a great site, very friendly & no hiding your real UserID with a posting ID. Also Customer support is not automated. I've been busy listing steadily, browsing the forums for hints/tips etc...learning how to use different selling strategies.
    Greedbay are now biting the hands that fed them.. time for the boomerang
    Last edited by lynxy; 7th March 2008 at 07:45 PM.

Thread Information