Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

Forum Newbie
    All-About DaiGalean
    View DaiGalean's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Well I guess, it is always good to say hello in the welcome thread.
    I have just recently been invited to join by my fiancee. Most of the time I think online auctions, etc are places as P.T Barnum would say "There's a sucker born every minute" Never did like them for the longest time. Over time and age I have become more used to see a few trustful people.

It is a shame that there are still a lot more scam artists out there than there are genuine people.

Mainly I am interested in books, and movies. Unfortunately the movies part is hard to acquire. As there are so many fakes out there that acquiring a good original movie is very hard unless you want to pay a arm and a leg or at least know what you are looking for.

But such is life. and here I am now, so hoping that this will be a positive experience.

DG
    Last edited by DaiGalean; 11th March 2008 at 03:43 AM.

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaiGalean View Post
    Well I guess, it is always good to say hello in the welcome thread.
    I have just recently been invited to join by my fiancee. Most of the time I think online auctions, etc are places as P.T Barnum would say "There's a sucker born every minute" Never did like them for the longest time. Over time and age I have become more used to see a few trustful people.

It is a shame that there are still a lot more scam artists out there than there are genuine people.

Mainly I am interested in books, and movies. Unfortunately the movies part is hard to acquire. As there are so many fakes out there that acquiring a good original movie is very hard unless you want to pay a arm and a leg or at least know what you are looking for.

But such is life. and here I am now, so hoping that this will be a positive experience.

DG
    you will find scammers everywhere but atleast on ebid they get removed quickly , let people know what items your looking for remember there are barely any fees on ebid so you might get items cheaper

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

oh and hya newbies have fun

Been lurking for a while, was using a shorter version of this nick to try to help on a thread about the problem with the editor in other broswers a while back.
    I was on eBay, bought a couple of things there, got great feedback, but wasn't all that happy with their site or the recent decisions they've made so I decided, with the urging of BlueBedouin, to set up my own wee shop here.
    I'll be selling mainly hand crafted items to start, later on who knows!

Abriis' Crafts

oh and this name, it's the name I have used for many years now within the online games industry. Can't really call it a pen name as we don't really use pens much, unless I wanted to totally ruin my monitor that is

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbriiDoniger View Post
    Been lurking for a while, was using a shorter version of this nick to try to help on a thread about the problem with the editor in other broswers a while back.
    I was on eBay, bought a couple of things there, got great feedback, but wasn't all that happy with their site or the recent decisions they've made so I decided, with the urging of BlueBedouin, to set up my own wee shop here.
    I'll be selling mainly hand crafted items to start, later on who knows!

Abriis' Crafts

oh and this name, it's the name I have used for many years now within the online games industry. Can't really call it a pen name as we don't really use pens much, unless I wanted to totally ruin my monitor that is
    Thanks for the mention,Abrii.Nice to see you dragged TOH over as well!
    Have sent you a pm.

Forum Newbie
    All-About DaiGalean
    View DaiGalean's Listings
    Forum Posts

kicking and screaming.. all the way BB

Hi to you both - DaiGalean and AbriiDoniger - glad you both made it over here - I hope your experiences here are all positive!

All the best!

Hi, Started listing about 2 weeks ago and was really excited to be a member of ebid. But this morning I am thinking of closing my shops and leaving. My reason for this statement is simple. It is not a level playing field. I spend many hours designing my personalised items ie birthday cards, party invites etc. I cannot compete with trademarked (unofficial) personalised items. such as Disney, Warner Bros, BBC copyrighted material. I do not want to spend my time reporting these people I wish to spend it creating legitimate items. Is the only solution to this problem for me to report these infringements.

Quote Originally Posted by lavendergirl View Post
    Hi, Started listing about 2 weeks ago and was really excited to be a member of ebid. But this morning I am thinking of closing my shops and leaving. My reason for this statement is simple. It is not a level playing field. I spend many hours designing my personalised items ie birthday cards, party invites etc. I cannot compete with trademarked (unofficial) personalised items. such as Disney, Warner Bros, BBC copyrighted material. I do not want to spend my time reporting these people I wish to spend it creating legitimate items. Is the only solution to this problem for me to report these infringements.
    Hi Lavendergirl, Pleased you have joined us. We all want Ebid to be a safe and happy place for us to shop. It's in seller's interests too - for attracting more customers. If someone is breaking the law it should be reported - they might even be unaware that they are doing it and so you would be saving them from serious trouble in the future. I hope you will find more helpful comments in the thread you started this morning.

A warm welcome to everybody new. I first joined back in 2005 but have only just come back to start full time. I was a bronze power seller on 'the other side' but lack of customer service has driven me back here! No regrets!!!
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 12th March 2008 at 02:32 PM.

Thanks Simon, will try to knuckle down and do some new listings for Ebid, it does seem a lot friendlier than Ebay, my friend Helen says to say hi.

regards

Chaz

Thread Information