eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which is the best payment method to accept?

Forum Newbie
    All-About unclebill
    View unclebill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry Pay Pal

Quote Originally Posted by CKJ View Post
    Where would I be without paypal say? Admittedly at times it has irritated me regarding the fees I've paid, but I am used to the system now and I really can't be doing with another online payment system. Paypal is more favourable to the buyers than the sellers, but it is a swift and easy method of payment. I have heard of sellers having their money taken out of their accounts if the buyer files a claim or the sellers accounts being frozen if there is no money in the account to refund the buyer. But if there is a genuine problem anyway that can't be sorted out via other means then the seller should refund the money of their own accord.

I'd need to do a lot more research before taking the plunge of another online payment.
    I had a buyer that bought a Sony play station from me, He lived in Mexico. He used the buy it now feature in my E-Bay auction and Paid for it using his Pay Pal account. After I got the money From Pay Pal I shipped the Item and Required a Direct Signature from him BEFORE UPS would release the item to him. The Item was delivered and he even left me a positive feedback. About 60 days later He contacted Pay Pal and said he did not ordered the Item someone else had hacked into his account and made the purchase so he wanted his money back. Pay Pal deducted the money from my account that day! Without telling me first, and then refused to accept the proof that I had from UPS that He was the one who signed for it. HE WAS A THIEF and PAY PAL helped him. I had got his address from his pay pal account He signed for it when UPS delivered it.
    Pay Pal can take your money at any time and for no reason they do not have to play by any rules because they are not a real bank, so use caution when dealing with them!

http://paypalsucks.com
    Last edited by unclebill; 12th March 2008 at 10:37 PM. Reason: left out a link

I second that, take a look at my "paypal claim" thread.

Forum Newbie
    All-About unclebill
    View unclebill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good luck I hope that you do recover your loss! I got to but some guy down in Mexico a brand new Play Station 3 With Two controllers and Five games, and had to pay the E-bay Fees the Pay Pal fees and shipping charges to Mexico. All Because he said he never ordered it!

Hi Uncle Bill, yes I have heard they can just take out your money without consulting you. Sorry you had a bad experience. A buyer has about 90 days to claim back their money if they are dissatisfied.

Apparently there is also a new thing now on ebay stating that in some cases paypal can hold your money for up to 21 days in certain circumstances just in case there is a dispute to be opened.

I am busy spending my funds there now and think I am ready to go for something different. I don't see myself as selling on ebay much now.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Red face Google Checkout - is it safe?

We were all fed lies about PayPal trust and safety for online payments and lately I've read some horrendous stories about how things have gone wrong for people. I'm wondering what UK people can fall back on if something goes awry with Google Checkout, as from what I'm reading on here it's the best of the rest and would consider switching from PayPal. Is it regulated as UK banks are, could I go through a UK system to sort out any problems, has anybody had any problems with Google Checkout at all? How can we be sure similar things won't happen?

Thanks from a new eBidder!

Quote Originally Posted by heatemyfather View Post
    We were all fed lies about PayPal trust and safety for online payments and lately I've read some horrendous stories about how things have gone wrong for people. I'm wondering what UK people can fall back on if something goes awry with Google Checkout, as from what I'm reading on here it's the best of the rest and would consider switching from PayPal. Is it regulated as UK banks are, could I go through a UK system to sort out any problems, has anybody had any problems with Google Checkout at all? How can we be sure similar things won't happen?

Thanks from a new eBidder!

No matter what payment system you use, they are ALL open to scams from the not so nice people. The best way that you can protect yourself is by using a escrow service or by paying with your credit card(depending on amount)

With paypal, you may have a struggle as a buyer or seller, because when things go wrong on paypal then paypal simply do not care IMO. Google are better IMO, at least they will mediate on your behalf if things go wrong, and also give sellers a charge back protection FREE of charge. Then there is pppay, this has problems, but less problems if you use the pppay escrow rather than pppay instant. But pppay DO NOT get involved in disputes that I am aware of, they seem, from what I have read advise people to involve the legal proceedings, rather than pppay getting directly involved.

Now from an eBid point of view, eBid seem to get rid of all the bad sellers & buyers rather quickly, as long as they have been informed. This is very good IMO as it helps to keep the scammers etc off the site, but like everywhere else, this does not stop them trying

I wish you the best of luck in all your eBid transactions, and if in doubt, ask before rather than after.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Personally I think the best thing to do is to list as many payment options as possible. As with stock - the more options you have the more likely you are to make a sale.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

[QUOTE=jimbo750;593859]Paypal is more common as feebay force it down buyers necks for years

Agreed, and as more & more feebayers come to eBid, the vast majority already have a Paypal account

Everybody.......have a great day

Linda

Has anyone had any problems with people paying by cheque or PO? I've never taken those methods of payment considering them to be way too slow and open to abuse, but I'm considering it now, because I'm coming to think any avenue has to be explored really, to make it easier for buyers. Trouble is, I don't want to make it too easy for scammers either - not that I've got the high risk goods on offer.

Do many people want to pay by cheque?

My tuppence, from my experience:

Google checkout - low cost & effective

PayPal - can be seriously dangerous to your financial health but can also be trouble-free. Consider opening a micro-payment account if your transactions are under a tenner (lower charges: but opening a micro-payments account is not easy!)

PPPay - causes delays on some transactions because of the requirement to pay a 'security check' fee to open an account - which can be more than the cost of the goods!

Nochex - I have an account with them but have never had anyone want to pay me with this system.

Cheque - I've never had any trouble with them. In my opinion those who have cheque accounts are more likely to be older and more financially stable.
    Why use QWERTY? Get Broadband for your Fingers with Dvorak SKL!

Thread Information