My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Won Item on 28 th Feb still not received

Just a pointer, there is a time limit to make a paypal claim, make sure that you do it in time.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtisanUK View Post
    It's difficult sometimes to remain calm, but try to ...

If you do get to the point where you have to put a claim in and then the seller responds, you can always cancel it.

I think nykmedia is right though, at the moment if I buy anything I'm waiting for a response from the seller before I pay. Not foolproof, but at least you know they are around some of the time.

Good luck!
    Thanks allot , Im trying to stay calm not easy lol , yes I learnt that lesson from few years back only pay straight away now if I know the person , you learn from your mistakes they say lol

Forum Diehard
    View ArtisanUK's Feedback (+49)
    All-About ArtisanUK
    View ArtisanUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thing is, Crystal, unfortunately when people come on the boards it usually is with problems - not many of us come on here to say we are managing quite nicely and all our buyers/sellers are great!

The trouble is, that when you get a lot of new people peeking in and the boards are busy, it just makes it seem that EVERYBODY is having problems, which in truth most are probably not.

I've had a couple of very nice transactions on here and am expecting some more stuff in a few days, so far (famous last words) nothing untoward has happened!

Also I do think that now there is too much focus on private sellers being expected to act like business sellers. (t'other side is to blame for that) I really don't expect somebody who is working full time or managing with a few kids running around, to simply sit at the pc all day or drop everything and go shooting off to the po with my package.
    I get quite a few bargains on line, stuff that I personally would find exceptionally difficult to get anywhere else, and I appreciate the fact that I have access to this stuff at these prices but don't expect Harrobs service as well.

No reflection on the OP here, just having a bit of a rant

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

this has been said by nykmedia , about loss of mail , I was in a similar situation just this week....not a sale problem , my email was sending out ok , but for some reason that particular address would not recieve , I just assumed I was not getting any replies....son phoned to ask why I was not answering.....that was how I found out...could be ( hopefully ) same kind of problem.........

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    this has been said by nykmedia , about loss of mail , I was in a similar situation just this week....not a sale problem , my email was sending out ok , but for some reason that particular address would not recieve , I just assumed I was not getting any replies....son phoned to ask why I was not answering.....that was how I found out...could be ( hopefully ) same kind of problem.........
    Well I hope so Papa but have sent Email to her Email address and left messages on here to , I will try another Email see what happens .

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndasgems View Post
    Well I hope so Papa but have sent Email to her Email address and left messages on here to , I will try another Email see what happens .
    Just to update I have sent another Email to the Seller , hopefully she will respond , and Thank you to Every one for all the Help and Advice . Thank You .

Lynda,
    A month is a long time to wait and the seller is making "excuses" and now not responding. They could be perfectly legitimate or not. If they said 2 weeks ago to wait a few more days due to a kitchen refurb then it must be a VERY large refurb - mine was done recently in 3 days! I do believe you should start a claim with Paypal asap - in any case within the next week or you lose the opportunity to do so (45 day time limit). You can always close the claim if the goods do turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by mainlypostcards View Post
    Lynda,
    A month is a long time to wait and the seller is making "excuses" and now not responding. They could be perfectly legitimate or not. If they said 2 weeks ago to wait a few more days due to a kitchen refurb then it must be a VERY large refurb - mine was done recently in 3 days! I do believe you should start a claim with Paypal asap - in any case within the next week or you lose the opportunity to do so (45 day time limit). You can always close the claim if the goods do turn up.
    Ok thats great thanks for that , I did not get any response today so I will do that , thanks for your help

Thread Information