eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I want to buy from a seller, but.......

hi chubbycherrycherub here as a buyer i always look at there feedback to see when they last purchased anything/sold anything..i then check to see if anyone has asked any questions and if so how long did it take them to answer..if there has been a question unanswered..i would still ask a question and see if they reply..if i get no reply back from them within 3 days i just move on and buy else where..hope this helps..

Just because someone puts a few words in their ''about me'' page doesnt mean anything.
    Anyone could put anything they wanted in there - doesnt mean its true.

You would prefer that the seller put in there something about how wonderful he is? That his descriptions are spot on? That he sells hundreds of items through his website? Dont think anything like that would sway me one way or t'other.

I have NEVER looked at an about me page when buying anything.

hi chubbycherrycherub here i dont look at the about me page i agree with you they can put anything they want in there that is why i always check there feedback first to see when they last purchased anything/sold anything,,than i check to see if anyone has asked any questions..if there has been a question asked and has no reply i still ask another question and wait to see if they answer..if my question has not been answered within three days i just move on and buy else where..

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I ALWAYs check the about me page. The seller has an opportunity to use that page to provide information not includes in their listings, like their returns policies, how long they've been selling, their ids on other sites, their company information etc..
    I know people can tell fibs on their page, but the vast majority don't. And for the few that do ( most scammers are too lazy to fill in the page) they're usually something to give them away!

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    not sure what you mean about selling on other sites.
    What I mean by selling on other sites is have they sold on other sites, not I want to buy from them on another site.

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies2 View Post
    What I mean by selling on other sites is have they sold on other sites, not I want to buy from them on another site.
    Basically, if I understand you well, you are looking for some sort of feedback/experience of the seller.
    We have all had to start from scratch at one point - why not try and asq and see what sort of a response you get - what and how quick you get the reply, can tell a lot about the seller.

OK I have asked the seller a question through 1 of the auctions.

1 item is £12.59 and the others are just under £55.00 and £30.00

They have the buisness seller logo on their auctions, but nothing about how long they have been established on internet sites etc in their all about page.

I was not suggesting that they were a scammer, as I agree they have too many auctions in my eyes for them to be a scammer, it's just nice to know about their previous trading if I am willing to part with nearly £100.

I will await their answer on the Q I have asked, but any further advice would be great, and yes they do offer paypal but not any escrow service, just paypal, pppay instant and cheques & postal orders

If they are a business seller they are required by the DSR to have there business name and contact details displayed on there about me page or on their listings also you will be covered by the Distance selling regulations
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

My Daily Journal : my Daily Blog " Living with Dermatomyositis

Years Gone By My Genealogy and Family History store

Quote Originally Posted by stamperuk View Post
    If they are a business seller they are required by the DSR to have there business name and contact details displayed on there about me page or on their listings also you will be covered by the Distance selling regulations
    I know that I am a buisness seller myself, I think that if you have time to list a lot of items, you should find time to have a bit in the all about page.

I will await their answer, they were last seen on 4th april this year, so I think they come quite often. If I do not get a reply I will see what others are selling elsewhere, and say to them I only buy off eBid, so if you want my custom, join for free so I can buy from them. Yes I know it's cheecky but will see if it's effective. I have nothing to lose do I?

Quote Originally Posted by stamperuk View Post
    No you don’t stamper.

Nowhere does it state that you have to have in on your about me page or on your listings... It states that you have to provide the details to YOUR CUSTOMER A customer is someone who buys from you, not someone who looks at your about me page or your listings. Therefore so long as you give your name contact details and your returns policy on your INVOICE when you send the goods to the BUYER you are covered by the DSR

Thread Information