My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: re: <!--include virtual="/.../file.html" --> question

Default re: <!--include virtual="/.../file.html" --> question

Does eBid allow for the <!--include virtual="/../file.html" --> command?

Given the recent pixel changes, and with the subsequent discussions on the forum about making templates easier to amend, I discovered the Include command and thought it would be great to use. It would allow for easy changes to my standard auction content (e.g. the X-sell gallery and Terms & Condition content of all my auctions).

However, while I could get it to work on my own webspace, I could not get it to work upon copy/paste of the code into eBid's auction system. I'm making a mistake somewhere - perhaps I do not fully understand the issue of "server side includes." Or perhaps I made a simple error somewhere in syntax.

Is there someone who can help or comment on whether it's possible to use the include command within a site such as eBid?

Much thanks in advance.

Under the assumption, until someone more knowledgeable corrects me, that include virtual does not allow for a full URL directive, then what about using PHP? My reading of a help file on php server side includes suggests that include directives can also point at files on any website using a full URL: <?php include("http://www.othersite.com/filename.html"); ?>

Therefore, would using php be a good work around?

Does eBid have a PHP engine?
    Last edited by PgsJeweler; 1st May 2008 at 07:15 PM.

Another way to deal with the problem is to have your terms and conditions as an image hosted on Photobucket or similar and referenced in your description. Then when you want to change anything just change that one image, hey presto all listings now have the updated information.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Another way to deal with the problem is to have your terms and conditions as an image hosted on Photobucket or similar and referenced in your description. Then when you want to change anything just change that one image, hey presto all listings now have the updated information.
    That's a great idea, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I also have a blank transparent image near the top of my descriptions so I can easily add a temporary message anytime I need to. Needed to edit all my listings a while back, but it's now there for whenever required.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information