Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Can you accept Preorders with Google Checkout?

Default Can you accept Preorders with Google Checkout?

Can you accept preorders with google checkout? I would like to sell a product that doesn't come out until August, I can accept google checkout for the payment?

Hi, I don't use google c/o yet but I saw somewhere on the forums a comment that you have to be able to ship immediately to use it.

As far as pre-orders are concerned, you might be storing up trouble for yourself if you advertise something that won't be available for months. Buyers on this and other sites generally expect to receive their items promptly; long lead-times tend to get overlooked, no matter how well advertised.

Terms of GCO require order fulfillment within 24 hours of capturing funds (charging the buyer's credit card).

However, there may be a possibility of charging a partial amount or even maybe charging it fully but tagging it as a back-order. I would definitely suggest emailing GCO directly to obtain an official response on how you might proceed legally without getting your GCO account suspended. Email help is located at:
    http://checkout.google.com/support/sell/bin/request.py

Quote Originally Posted by jabbasyacht View Post
    Can you accept preorders with google checkout? I would like to sell a product that doesn't come out until August, I can accept google checkout for the payment?
    don't know about google but your auctions can be pulled and your account suspended due to "pre selling items that are not available on the market"

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

pre ordering from the net are folks really that stupid ? if your going to pre order any item get down to your local town center most shops just accept a small deposit to guarantee your order

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

I myself want the item to be released rather than risk paying out for summat that isnt legal yet.

Thread Information