Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gazza - Site/database/server go slows

Default Gazza - Site/database/server go slows

Gazza over the last couple of days especially, although there have been intermittent problems for weeks, I've had problems accessing parts of eBid.
    On the whole the forums have been fine, but most functions in My eBid seem to take ages, especially on server three, sometimes I just get a site not found error.

I was trying to do some searches at 5am this morning UK time, both username & product searches were slow, searching with the search description box ticked just bought up a blank page, if it ever got anywhere at all. I'm using XP, I've tried using both IE6 & firefox, I'm not having problems with most other sites so I don't think it's a problem with my broadband connection.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

I can corroborate similar behavior when accessing the site as well. Again, the rest of the "web" appears to be functioning normally durning the times when I get slow or no response from ebid servers. A lot of site not found errors last evening, so went on to other endeavors, namely sleep!
    DrCooper
    --------------------------------------

eBid Sign-up!

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'll add my name here too- tasks like relisting or issuing invoices are taking twice as long as they should because of slow loading pages. please throw some dosh at the servers!

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Me too! Couldn't get into my 'MyeBid' at all last night. Tried to go to my shops...nothing. Auction categories....again nothing! I had to give up.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Me too!!

If I was a new visitor to the site...........I would have said **** it, and gone elsewhere

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh no.... It seems again I am the only one on this thread who has been taking stupid pills, this problem is not new this week or last week or even last month, it just took a bigger leap.

Last year Gazza made a post and mentioned he had had a DATA FLOW person do some work and the site would be WHIZZING along, and it was, I fell off my chair a few times because the whole site was so fast, it was stunning, amazing, brilliant, beyond my wildest dreams, what takes me over an hour now took 5 minutes back then, honest I could open a closed listing edit it and relist in less than a minute, since then there has be many superb changes for the greater good on eBid, but the Data Flow seems to have got a bit blocked up, I can make a coffee and some cheeese on toast while a page loads (sometimes) these days, it is frustrating and having a serious impact on listing, too much time is being spent altering a few things on existing listings and I am just not getting around to adding more things, honest what ever was done last year to get things Whizzing along may be the medicine that is needed now.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

with the large increase in new members i would say we need new servers you know those super dooper mega thingy majig ones

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

We have noticed a slow down in the loading of the My eBid > Summary page when a user has many closed auctions. We are looking into this specifically.

We also have a slow period when we are taking backups of our databases, as the site grows of course we have more to backup. A remedy for this is already being worked on also.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Extra cheese for the mice! Extra rations for the Hamsters!

Yep I been having noticing a slow down, having to go back reload a screen because it won't load. Mostly while I'm listing, especially when uploading pics.
    It fails to load the pic.. do it again, fails to load, try again and it loads but doesn't appear in the pic list... reload the screen several times then it appears.... choose pic for listing and wait several secs, finish listing and go to preview, get a message that I can't load the page because of maintenance, go back try again.... and again... sometimes it tells me there is a picture problem.... go back try again and eventually it works....

painful

Please fix

Thank you.
    I remember everything, even what happened tomorrow.

games4mac ~ DragonsRest ~ DragonsRest Lounge ~ Windfall

Meet my avatar: Qu the engineer and enchanter. Who else could invent the armour piercing rabbit (can dig holes through anything) and the duck gun (fires rubber ducks)?
    Join me on eBid here.

God bless eBid and all who sale in her!

I've just been trying to load some pictures to my gallery, did the first OK then after clicking load for the second one the first had dissappeared from the list and it kept asking me to login again although it was showing me as logged in. I gave up after several goes
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information