Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Floating Preview Button?

Default Floating Preview Button?

I don't know whether this is a glitch or a new addition, but that Preview Listing box floating down the page when you scroll down on the listing before saving it is very annoying, and gets in the way of what you're reading. Is that the way it's supposed to work?

Thanks,
    Shelley

Forum Newbie
    View sufisu's Feedback (+952)
    All-About sufisu
    View sufisu's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs down

I'm with you on this Shelley. It is very annoying and definitely NOT an improvement. A decided thumbs down, I'm afraid

Quote Originally Posted by sufisu View Post
    I'm with you on this Shelley. It is very annoying and definitely NOT an improvement. A decided thumbs down, I'm afraid
    Yes, it's really distracting - pulls your eye away from what you're reading, not to mention getting in the way.

View 3drom's Feedback (+57)
    All-About 3drom
    View 3drom's Listings
    Forum Posts

I thought it looked really cool, and was just about to write a new post about how nice it was!

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's a real problem - has no function and gets in the way when you're trying to preview an auction. I'm assumimg it's not working properly and have opened a support ticket to try and get it fixed.

I agree, that's awful, I was just coming here to post how annoying I'm finding it, and wondering if anyone has found a way to turn it off! (Without losing the submit and edit buttons of course).

What were they thinking, how on earth are we supposed to proof read with that thing getting in the way - and it's giving me motion sickness

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've had a reply from support that i'll share here

"The floating layer on the preview screen houses the Edit and Submit buttons. It changes to semi-transparent after 5 second to allow visibility of the auction below. Many new users have told us they did not know to scroll to the bottom of the old preview page to submit an auction, the new layer now moves with the screen to eradicate this problem"

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    ".........Many new users have told us they did not know to scroll to the bottom of the old preview page to submit an auction, the new layer now moves with the screen to eradicate this problem"[/I]
    Good grief! If they can learn to do everything else on this site, I'm sure they can learn to go to the bottom of the page to submit! It's not like that's a new process on an auction site. I for one would appreciate if you got rid of that floating box, or at least give us the option to turn it off.

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think its a great addition, you just have list a few items to understand how it works- quick look all is ok with listing and there it is-click submit -all sorted-jobs done.
    Without having to go to the top or bottom of the page, great.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+90)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have to agree with the Riverwood, HannaHolly and SalusLibrorum also on this,

I see no reason why two static submit buttons can not be added to the page, one top and one bottom this would solve the problem.

Less J S is a good thing, the site is far to dependent on it as it is and more script means more bandwidth and load times and browser problems.

Also the script loses it's transparency in Ff if you scroll back up the page causing it to flash, very off putting

Thread Information