Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Can someone point me in the right direction?

Forum Newbie
    Brighouse, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View uvgothica's Feedback (+38)
    All-About uvgothica
    View uvgothica's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Can someone point me in the right direction?

Just arrived from Feebay and am uploading listings etc. However, I want to be sure I don't break any rules but yet can't seem to find any specific rules on what is/isn't allowed in listings i.e. links to your own website, choice of sizes etc. Could someone point me in the right direction? Searched the help section but erm didn't help lol

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Helloooo Djfreon & a huge welcome to ebid

Links to e-commerce enabled websites are not allowed

But you can give your customers choice of colours / size etc. in your listings.....or list all the various options seperately....it dosn't cost you anything to list them all individually

Shout up if you need more help....the natives are friendly here

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Links to your own website are allowed, provided it's not a commercial website.
    Links to commercial websites are not allowed.
    I believe single listings with choice of colour, size are allowed, but as you are a seller+ and you are either listing for free or a 2%fvf, why not create multiple listings for different sizes.
    Multiple identical listings are NOT allowed; you need to use Dutch auctions.

Also a list on banned items can be found here: http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#28
    Hope this helps.

Forum Newbie
    All-About uvgothica
    Forum Posts

hiya
    yup read through the banned items that's not a prob but need clarification on the above. Are you allowed to mention your website but not link to it? or is that a no no too? When you say multiple items presumably you don't mean like the same shirt but in sz L, SM and XL? Does it mean exactly the same item like 15 whistles or something lol? I can't seem to find any SIF or shop listing only format is that not available here? Many thanks I so want to get this right. Never thought I'd be here but hey ho change is as good as a rest

It does mean exactly the same item.
    You can list for example: yellow shirt size S, yellow shirt size M, etc. what you cant' do is create 10 listings called yellow shirt size S in that case you make a single listing of yellow shirt size S and in number available you put 10.

You can create up to 5 shops free of charge.
    When listing an item, towards the bottom you get the choice of "Run until sold". Your item will appear in your shop, provided you indicate that you want it in your shop and will also appear in general searches. (that's better isn't it then feepays silly shop format where it only appears in searches if there are no auctions of that particular item listed??)

Personally I wouldn't include a link or a mention to any external website in my listings.
    Create an "about me" page and tell us something about yourself; maybe mention your website on there, but without a clickable link.

Also once you got some listings up and running, put a link in your signature so we can all have a snoop around

Forum Newbie
    All-About uvgothica
    Forum Posts

cheers many thanks)

Thread Information