eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: new ebay feedback ( many sellers will leave)

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinkypink View Post
    a lot will leave & move here , but is it slow here or is this site busy ???
    www.kinkypink.co.uk
    it is slower but when you do sell you keep the profits remember this site is small compared to wepay they have millions of users but things are picking up it`s a case of if you need to use both sites

Default A fairer feedback system?

I've been taking a closer look on the ebay boards today where sellers have been aggrieved over their 30 day suspensions or were concerned that they were about to be (close to 98% feedback). After reading their concerns I then took a look at their negative and neutral feedback and how they responded to it. I looked at about twenty sellers.

In my humble opinion about two thirds would not be missed either by eBay or their customers, the standard of goods supplied and their customer comms are pretty poor. However that might still leave a third with very legitimate complaints. As has already been pointed out in this thread the current system unfairly impacts on smaller sellers who may only require a neg and a neutral to risk suspension. Also as has been pointed out on the boards there can be a discrepency between the detailed sellers ratings and the % ratings. It is perfectly possible to be suspended on account of a neg whilst having a high DSR due to two differant ways of calculating the averages.

A far fairer system would base any account suspension or penalties on the DSR's. I don't claim this as my idea, it has already been mentioned on the boards, but I am persuaded by it. If ebay considers that 4.6 or above is a good enough seller rating to start getting final value fee discounts then some figure below that should start to incur penalties. Personaliy I don't see why those penalties cant be financial, sellers are surcharged for poor performance. That way they would simply be priced out of the market if they did not improve. Given that it is just a mirror of the seller rating FVF system operating in reverse it should fairly easy for Ebay to implement. It would also make sellers far less fearful of an out of the blue neg from an unfair buyer -Dennis

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pandorasbox12 View Post
    Hello all,
    Well I've finally had enough of Dirtybay and decided to check out their competition - so here I am and I must say that the first thing that strikes me is that you all speak to each other with respect, even if you totally disagree with the posting unlike the Dirtybay forums where alot of the postings are shocking!! I was afraid to post for fear of being verbially attacked. We are all totally ticked off in regards to the new feedback system, fees, Paypal fees etc etc. I am convinced it is a deliberate move to get rid of small time sellers.
    The final nail in the coffin came in the form of my first ever neg in 5 years and the circumstances which caused it. Just prior to the new rules I had an unpaid item, I had had no response from the buyer so i had no choice but to leave negative feedback. He obviously retaliated with the same. He then contacted me a few days later to request a mutual removal telling me that he had responded but did not realise at the time that it had gone to [email]usetheyellowbutton - the email was not forwarded to me. Having since seen a copy that the buyer copied from his outbox which prooves that he sent it. We could not get the neg mutually removed because this service is no longer supported by dirtybay. When I explained time and time again that their system failure was at fault it still fell on deaf ears responding with 'Dirtybay will only remove negs in certain cases and yours is not one of them'. To the point where I felt their replies were almost laughing at me. They hadnt even the common decency to address my concern about their email system.
    Enough is enough...........
    Thanks for listening to my rant
    I'm off to have a look around the site, see what I can find in the antiques sections.
    cheers
    Pandora
    Welcome to the best alternative auction site on the net.
    You will love the feedback system here as you can edit it should a transaction turn good/bad

Forum Newbie
    Doncaster, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View flickjs's Feedback (+7)
    All-About flickjs
    View flickjs's Listings
    Forum Posts

the thing is due to the new feedback changes alot of powersellers are getting their accounts suspended for having 6 neuts in one month, one seller i was talking to today got suspended for having 2 neuts in one month which i think is totally unfair so its not just the small sellers that are leaving

Forum Diehard
    View ArtisanUK's Feedback (+49)
    All-About ArtisanUK
    View ArtisanUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

I really think Dennis that if you are so concerned about the feedback system on e..y, that you should maybe write to the management there.

We don't have that system on this site.

Forum Diehard
    All-About ArtisanUK
    Forum Posts

... and where are you looking to come up with your figures?

I've just hit the first three threads I came across.
    First was a 99.5% with 1 neut in 6 months, 1 neg in 6 months and 1 neg in 12.

Hardly a 'poor performance?'

The second was 99.3% Wow this guy had 22 neuts, and a whole 2 negs in the 12 month total - but then he is selling nearly 4,000 items a year.

And what about those neuts - that buyers think mean 'good' but they actually count as negs?

Let's see, the last I looked at had a 99.1% - he'd had 2 negs, but over 6 months ago and 4 neuts - the most recent neut was left because 'posting was delayed' - well, the item was purchased on 7/5 (lets give the buyer the benefit of the doubt and say they paid immediately) sent out 2nd class (clearly stated in the item listing - £2 for a dress!) and the feedback was left on 16/5.

2nd class items to get to me take upto 9 days - boy I could have a field day leaving neuts!

Gimmi a break, Dennis - none of those sellers are 'poor performers' and if buyers are leaving neuts under those circumstances then if you can't see the situation is ridiculous, you must be blind.

And if you are quite happy for 2 thirds of them to leave (and come here!) then we would be quite happy to have them - because their remaining 99+% customers left them absolutely glowing feedback.

Forum Diehard
    All-About ArtisanUK
    Forum Posts

Ooh, just found another one - whilst searching for one of those obscure items I tend to covert.

A seller with 94.7% feedback - disgusting!

But this seller got one neut - for late delivery - but it was last August.

If he gets another he will be suspended. And going on what people determine is 'late delivery' I have serious doubts.

Now this bloke only has a total feedback of 54. He has the only auction open for the item I want, at a very realistic starting price and realistic P&P. Take him out of the equation and I buy nowt.

Please explain to me how that is a good business model?

Forum Newbie
    Doncaster, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View flickjs's Feedback (+7)
    All-About flickjs
    View flickjs's Listings
    Forum Posts

my feedback on there is 99.1% no negs just neuts for sometimes sizing problems, like the boots are too baggy or a bit tight even though i always gave sizing details and measurments of boots, but if they contacted me first i would of asked them to send them back and i would of sent a replacement or a refund. the never contact you first they just leave it

Forum Diehard
    All-About ArtisanUK
    Forum Posts

To be honest I wouldn't sell clothes for a gold pig!

The most stupid and unreasonable comments come from the clothes buyers and I feel that the people who sell them must have the patience of a saint.

What Dennis doesn't seem to understand is the items he sells (if he's the same Dennis I'm thinking of) has no experience of selling large, bulky, difficult to combine postage, items. Neither does he have any experience of a broader customer base - as in clothes buyers!

Years ago, before I even thought about going on e..y I was on Freeserve for a good while and did a stint selling netsuke - it was a doddle.
    All the items were the same size, came in their own little boxes. All I had to do was wrap them in bubble and put them in a bag. Combined postage - no problem, it was standard. Overseas shipping, no problem, it was standard.
    Time spent packing - phooie - irrelvant.

Now I can spend loads of time trying to combine postage on a framed watercolour, with a pastel drawing of a larger size, all the while knowing full well it would be cheaper to send them separately - but then the customer would think I was trying to rip them off!

No doubt Dennis is a nice guy and means well, but he is being rather judgemental considering his narrow base line experience.
    A little bit more understanding and empathy is needed.

morning e bid people..
    i heard some sad news today,a friend toldme of someone whom had been selling on ebay,and had recieved trivial neutral feedback...which has caused her account to be suspended.
    i dont know this lady, but apparantly she was a good and honest seller,and the bit of cash she made was very important as her hubby had lost his job,and they were struggling financially,due to morgage payments,soaring bills ect...She was devestated,by her suspension,and the result is that on friday evening she attempted suicide...Now this may seem a bit extreme, but it makes you think doesnt it...A lot of small private sellers on ebay, sell to top up their income, many being mums whom dont go out to work as they have small children ect...it just makes you realise that what e bay has done is having a big effect on people,and it makes you wonder how many more out there ,having been affected the same way as this poor lady...thankfully shes survived..but she still has the worry of how shes going to supliment the family income...jx

Thread Information