eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: how do I make my listing gallery

Forum Newbie
    View catvinnat's Feedback (+1417)
    All-About catvinnat
    View catvinnat's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink how do I make my listing gallery

Hi, new last night to ebid - sick of huge fees you know where!

Just listed my first item and want to upgrade it to a gallery listing but just can't seem to see where to do it. I have the lifetime membership and the picture has uploaded ok.

Feel a bit stupid but its all so different to what I am used to!

Thanks in advance
    Catvinnat

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Catvinnat & a huge welcome to eBid

You can't edit anything on a "live auction" that will change the fees attached to it.

The quickest way to make your auction "gallery", is to "list similar"..... & make any changes you need to.

Delete the old one quickly though...cos it will be a duplicate

Hope that makes sense lol

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Forum Newbie
    All-About catvinnat
    Forum Posts

Thanks Yvonne, I'll do it tonight when I get home. Next time I'll make sure I have the picture ready before I do the listing!
    Catherine

When you are listing there is a box that asks you to Choose a photo and there is also an area right at the bottom of the page where you can choose whether you want your listing to be a featured, gallery, etc. You just click to pop a dot in the appropriate place. I don't think it shows up in the edit menu of the listing, so you may have to go in to the List simular to make the changes and then delete your original listing

You can set up a default listng format if you are listing items that are simular by choosing My Defaults on the right hand side of the page when looking at My Ebid page. Hope this helps!

Forum Newbie
    All-About catvinnat
    Forum Posts

Angry

I did as suggested and immediately deleted the original listing. I don't think the 2 listings were concurrent for more than 30 seconds

I have just been to check on progress of the new gallery listing and its gone - I can only conclude it has been deleted as a duplicate listing?
    Last edited by catvinnat; 10th June 2008 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by catvinnat View Post
    I did as suggested and immediately deleted the original listing. I don't think the 2 listings were concurrent for more than 30 seconds

I have just been to check on progress of the new gallery listing and its gone - I can only conclude it has been deleted as a duplicate listing?
    Oh I am sorry to hear that! It is the way I usually make changes and it seems to work. Have a look in the left hand column of My eBid under Auctions I Ran - unsold. You should find the listing there and you should be able to try and relist there.

Forum Newbie
    All-About catvinnat
    Forum Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CrowlasCrafts View Post
    Oh I am sorry to hear that! It is the way I usually make changes and it seems to work. Have a look in the left hand column of My eBid under Auctions I Ran - unsold. You should find the listing there and you should be able to try and relist there.
    Thanks Jo,

I emailed help to enquire as the listing had disappeared completely.
    They have now come back to me and said it was deleted for possible copyright infringement. I am puzzled but have decided to send proof of purchase and more close up photos showing that the item is genuine and see if they will reinstate it or let me relist.

The thing I am finding the hardest at the moment is not being familiar with all the rules. I was pretty up to date with feebay and never ever had a listing pulled and 100% 1200+ positive feedbacks. Now I'm the new kid on the block and getting it all wrong lol...

Thread Information