Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: I have won auction, but seller won't answer questions re payment or send invoice.

Unhappy I have won auction, but seller won't answer questions re payment or send invoice.

Hi

I'm new to buying on eBid. I bid on and won a DVD from a zero feedback seller. (I know, I'm a dunce! But I'm trying to give Ebid a chance, I'm new at selling too on here, and my first buyer trusted me enough to buy from ME with zero feedback.)

I've asked for an invoice 'to wake him' up as my instincts are wary on this one. I also emailed his email address. No replies at all. My partner reckons I shoul write to him and ask him to read his emails! We think he may have forgotten all about eBid, as I think his listings have been going a couple of years.

Should I pay by Paypal, which he accepts? And then if I don't receive DVD can I open a dispute via Paypal?

Can he leave me a negative if he doesn't send item after I've paid?

Any advice appreciated!
    Amanda

I would wait for them to contact you with an invoice first as it sounds like they have forgotten ebid and moved on..... that way you wont have any problems about reclaiming your payment back

Thanks somersethedge

(I like your sig image BTW)

I think you are right, but you'd dare not pay on feebay!

I may just write him a snail mail and see what happens, I'm sure he'd be delighted to have his first sale on eBid, that's supposing he still has the DVD to send me.

Smile Update!

Upate to this thread -

I did send a letter first class - seller got it today and just rang me.

He says he just got back from hols and saw my emails etc. He says he deleted his listings and account a year ago and can't understand why it's still going. Weird eh? No longer has DVD.

Oh well, at least he was decent enough to ring.

Thanks for everyone's help. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by CRYSTALCAVE View Post
    I like your sig image BTW
    Well no one can accuse me of being subtle

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Upate to this thread -

I did send a letter first class - seller got it today and just rang me.

He says he just got back from hols and saw my emails etc. He says he deleted his listings and account a year ago and can't understand why it's still going. Weird eh? No longer has DVD.

Oh well, at least he was decent enough to ring.

Thanks for everyone's help. :-)
    it sounds like he didn't bother deleting his listings. i hope he's now 'decent enough' to do that !

He says he deleted his listings and account a year ago and can't understand why it's still going. Weird eh? No longer has DVD.
    You might forward his username to eBid so they could remove/delete the listing(s) so others do not encounter the same problem.
    DrCooper
    --------------------------------------

eBid Sign-up!

Thread Information