Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: EX Ebay SELLER / BUYER POLL

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will NOT SELL on Ebay under their current SELLERS NOT ALLOWED TO GIVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK rules

24 46.15%
  • I was an Ebay SELLER

43 82.69%
  • I was an Ebay BUYER

26 50.00%
  • I Have Left Ebay FOREVER ( Well Maybe )

23 44.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: EX Ebay ? Buyer / Seller ~ COUNT

Forum Newbie
    Brighouse, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View uvgothica's Feedback (+38)
    All-About uvgothica
    View uvgothica's Listings
    Forum Posts

Its my belief, that until sellers that "move" over here actually do move and not just dip a toe in the water with one or two listings then complain of no sales, then Ebid will not thrive as it should. It takes committment and perseverance to obtain anywhere near the level of sales that once were easily obtainable on fearbay. Note I say that once were because from reading the powerseller boards and from my own personal experience, there sure as hell as like ain't the quantity of sales there now. It was very easy to become complacent on fearbay due to the huge market. I could guarantee sales every day, for the past 3 months I've been lucky if I've had 2 sales a week!

Another point I feel I would like to make is that I think Ebid themselves should spend some of their increased membership fees in promoting the site. Its all very well us sellers emailing past customers, putting up links on websites etc but Ebid really do need to make the very most of this current situation and promote like crazy. One ad in a major newspaper/tabloid would raise Ebid's visibility sooooo much, a few radio adverts which are cheap and cheerful would do the same. The name needs to be known.My apologies if behind the scenes that's what they are doing already but it just appears that we are doing all the advertising and promoting whilst Ebid are reaping the extra membership benefits.

I did a quick survery last week of 20 of my ex regular customers and only 3 had heard of Ebid which was disheartening

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I admit to being one of the toe dippers a while back - but this time around I have turned up with lots of other money making ventures already in place.

I dont believe in putting all my eggs in one basket - so my plans now are entirely different from when I turned up here previously.

Adding links to sites really ony works if either we have a lot of places to put links (I do) or we have a site with lots of promotional stuff going on.

My site is promoted on all the major comping sites - so compers visit my site to enter my free prize draws and will at least get to see the banners leading here.

There are a lot of compers out there

I'm still on feebay, I still buy on Feebay, I just have my eggs in many baskets Can I be put down for that?

I sell on both now, I have more listings on the other side but I will be listing more and more on here.

Hopefully if I can reach a reasonable level of sales I will move over completely.

I can't really answer your survey as there's not the correct box to tick, I think you need to add I still buy/sell over there.

Dee x

Click above link to visit my store

Dee's stores of designer ladies fashions, high class gifts and fantastic shoes, bags & boots

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/deesigners...bags-and-boots

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Bulgarian-Homes4U-Houses-Villas-Land-Apartments

Forum Newbie
    All-About eleganttreasures
    View eleganttreasures's Listings
    Forum Posts

How do you propose this would happen do you have a plan

I am an feebay EX seller and buyer. I have left for good. Not going to well here (I dont have any listings at the moment, have had a few problems to deal with). Lots of people look but don't buy.

hey elegant, nice to see another Aussie on here!

Waterlily I have had three sales already, in reality that is about the same as I've had on feebay in recent weeks! Sales are really bad everywhere at the moment!

It's going to take time for traffic to come here in force, but if we all keep sending out invites then it will come eventually.

I've actually used the spam mail that I get to glean email addresses, even if they trash the mail hopefully they will note eBid as a site.

Click above link to visit my store

Dee's stores of designer ladies fashions, high class gifts and fantastic shoes, bags & boots

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/deesigners...bags-and-boots

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Bulgarian-Homes4U-Houses-Villas-Land-Apartments

Forum Lurker
    View bidnwin's Feedback (+16)
    All-About bidnwin
    View bidnwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by deesignerstore View Post
    I sell on both now, I have more listings on the other side but I will be listing more and more on here.

Hopefully if I can reach a reasonable level of sales I will move over completely.

I can't really answer your survey as there's not the correct box to tick, I think you need to add I still buy/sell over there.

Dee x
    Hi Dee, tried to keep it simple it would make too many options and folk would be clicking all over the place. Perhaps I should have shown Ex or Current, the poll is simply to determine the number of buyers on ebid either ex or current greedbay.
    Thanks for your interest, I would ask if you could please complete survey (pretty please) as either ex or current, I'd be really grateful ...

Thread Information